1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS Simply Slot 1 Ready for Release!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Dec 15, 2006.

1. OARRaider

OARRaider Guest

ok im extremely new to this but it seems im not using my ds to its full potential
    if i bought this i would need to buy what else? i no this was already posted but im not understanding

2. Magdylite

Magdylite Member

is nes emulation perfect?

3. Paesano

Paesano Member

So I buy this can someone tell me EXACTLY what else I need?

Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  4. pakixd

pakixd Regular member

other than the M3 DS Simply, you need a micro SD card - thats all.

5. Paesano

Paesano Member

I dont need a card holder?

So I buy this M3 DS Simply, and a micro SD card that is all I need. Can you send a link to micro SD card.

Thanks

6. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

well you can just try find it at yahoo about the details or this item, or find it at wikipedia.org

anyway you can buy it at ebay, and 40 bucks for 1GB, and about 23bucks for 512MB. It pretty small item. so don't lose it.

7. kyosak

kyosak Member

When are we going to start seeing M3 DS Simply's being sold on American websites?

8. Paesano

Paesano Member

and I will not need to buy a card holder?

thanks

9. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

What do you mean by card holder?

10. Paesano

Paesano Member

I dont know I was reading other threads, and they were saying the card holder connects to the computer then you put the card in then load your games onto the card.

But from what you guys are saying all I need to buy is an M3 DS Simply,and micro SD card.

11. OARRaider

OARRaider Guest

not sure what you mean by card holder?
    maybe this will help
    -you stick the micro sd card into the m3 card(right?)
    -you'll probally need an adapter to stick the micro sd card into your computer

12. Paesano

Paesano Member

Where can I get an adapter?

13. pspnds

pspnds Member

Hi mr hanky

i think he mean by sd card reader

my self, i read your post, i think it really helpful, thanks

i just order m3 ds simply and sd card 1gb sandisk utral II
    i think i need sd card reader too right, w/o it how can i get the roms transer?
    are you sure the new m3 ds simply work? b/c it is new, but i already order it....just wait and seee ha?

so all i need are i need to play roms on ds lite? m3 ds simply, sd card, and reader
    just transfer roms into te sd card and put into the ds slot...and it should work right?
    thanks

14. Paesano

Paesano Member

Thats exactly what im talking about

15. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

buy the high speed SD card reader. cause if you buy the slow one, sometimes your DS games that you put in the card will become error. SD card is not that expensive. cost like 5 bucks at ebay.

16. pspnds

pspnds Member

cool,i havent get the sd card reader yet, but i might pick up at circuit city by my house
    do u know where i can download ds roms, i download 500 roms package from bit torrent dunno, is it work, i still waiting for my ds simply
    thanks

17. kram101

kram101 Guest

OK all, i am new as well, but i have researched and got it all sussed out I believe.

I just got a DS lite and wish to play some homebrew.
    After lots of research I was to but the following:

M3 Lite and Superpass 3 Card.

Now the way this works from what I have read is that the Superpass card goes into the DS slot, where the M3 lite card goes into the GBA slot. I load my roms (convertered) onto a Micro SD card, that fits inside the m3card before going in my DS. Once I have done this, I boot to the M3 menu, choose my game, and away I go.

Great solution, but it was to cost me about $80 for both of these.

Now I have just read of a 1 card solution. From what i understand of 1 card solutions, is that you plug the card into the DS slot (the same as you would the Superpass card) and then you play your games from that.

There is no need for a Cart (m3 lite card) that goes into your GBA slot. You still need a micro sd card to store your games onto, and this goes into the 1 card solution (in your ds slot).

Now I know how things work, what do i need.

1. 1 Card Solution (M3 have a card, so do Supercard)
    2. Micro DS memory Card (this goes inside my 1 card)
    3. Card reader. Now the point of the card reader is so i can transfer my roms from my pc, onto the micro sd card, before i put it into the 1 card. So this card reader is the interface from your pc to the micro sd card.

Card readers are found in many Laptops, and you can buy USB versions for $5 - $10. If you cant find them, I can help you. they are easy to get where I am from.

So correct me If im wrong, but this is an overview of the 2 different (best) DS lite solutions. Now all i need to do is find out if the menu system on the M3 one card solution is the same as the M3 lite.

18. steveo117

steveo117 Member

Ok, I'm thinking about returning my Max media Dock for the M3 DS Simply. Ive got NES and SNES emulators working on it but I cant save. With the M3 will I be able to save? Also, is it correct to say that I can play commercial NDS roms and be able to save my game progress without a donor card?

19. kram101

kram101 Guest

Dont quote me but from what I have read the answer is YES, the M3 simply will be able to let you save games. Now weather that is on the internal memory of the card (i believe there is some but tiny) or on the SD micro card you inserted, it will allow you to save.

Most other 1 card solutions do this, and M3 I think are the cream of the bunch, so no reason why they would oversee this.

20. steveo117

steveo117 Member

thanks for the speedy reply but I have 1 more question. Will it work as a good mp3 player? With my Max Media Dock I can have my DS closed and it still plays.