1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS Simply Slot 1 Ready for Release!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Dec 15, 2006.

1. GreaterF

GreaterF Member

To be exact you need -

-the m3 DS simply

-a micro SD card which fits into the simply and is like putting a memory card into a gamecube (u need it to store your files)

- and if u don't already have one you need a card reader which plugs into your computer and holds your micro SD card so u can put files on your SD card. these can be games, music, videos and programs.

2. GreaterF

GreaterF Member

i was about to but the m3 pefect lite too but i decided to look around divineo for fun and saw it. now i have to get one of these instead. but i want to kow if when you buy the micro SD card, do you get and adaptor so it will fit into the SD card reader.

3. kram101

kram101 Guest

It depends on where you buy the card from. Most should include an SD adaptor, so just ask before you buy to see if they come with an adaptor or not.

4. GreaterF

GreaterF Member

thanx man, i think i'll buy form divineo so i'll check there.
    and the site says they come out on the 16th but it's now the 22nd and it still says pre-order. do i pre-order

5. kram101

kram101 Guest

I contacted them and they said the simply wont be released until early January.

You can pre order if you like, however i myself will wait till they are released and then check pricing to see if i can get cheaper elsewhere.

I need to buy 2 cards, so i am a big bargin hunter, plus i live in australia, so postage costs proove an important part.

6. GreaterF

GreaterF Member

well i live in melbourne and i think i might pre-order. and i'd rather pay a bit extra to be safe. my friend bought from divineo and got exactly what he wanted. plus if it's uner 1kilo, which it is it's only $5 postage.

7. kram101

kram101 Guest

Im in Melbourne as well, let me know how you go with the card, before i buy one. Supercard also have a ds one solution, but I think the M3 may be better.

8. GreaterF

GreaterF Member

i will, where abouts in meblourne. and i think i'll stick with m3

9. kram101

kram101 Guest

Live in the west, work in the sth east

10. nykayfabe

nykayfabe Member

OK, assumming I have all of those, don't I still need another piece to be able to play GBA backups on the DS?

11. steveo117

steveo117 Member

Ok I just ordered the M3 DS Simply, a card reader , and a MicroSD card. Click the links and tell me thats everything I need.

12. steveo117

steveo117 Member

Well when I had my Max Media Dock YES except for that it couldn't save my game progress. With the M3 Simply it should be able to save.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  13. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Both the MicroSD card and Card reader should work, looks like you'll need to put the MicroSD card into the SD adapter and then put that in the card reader though.

14. steveo117

steveo117 Member

But the MicroSD card I bought comes with the adapter right?

I bought my M3 Simply from modchipstore.com. Can anyone tell me if there any good? I bought from them because it said the the M3 Simply is set to ship on the 27th instead of January.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  15. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Yes the MicroSD you bought comes with the SD adapter.

16. pakixd

pakixd Regular member

you cannot play GBA backups using the M3 DS Simply.. it is meant as a DS-only solution. If you want GBA backups, get the following:

1x Passcard3
    1x M3 Lite Perfect (NOT professional)
    1x Micro SD card
    1x Card reader

17. navahmed

navahmed Member

do you think there will be an emulator soon which would allow gba games to be played from m3 simply?

18. GreaterF

GreaterF Member

i thought that u could already play GBA on simply because it has the same as m3 perfect

19. pakixd

pakixd Regular member

doubtful.. but you never know

it has the same technology as the M3 perfect.. however it is very different in certain aspects:

1) it fits into the DS slot (Slot 1) instead of GBA slot (slot 2).. this one is pretty obvious
    2) NO onboard memory (just like the M3 Professional)

With that said.. the other thing to mention is that you can't run GBA games at this time from the DS slot - its meant specifically for DS games. I don't believe they will come out with an official patch to play GBA games mainly because they have other products that do it already..

Emulator, however, is a different story..and has a higher probability of happening. But it also depends on if such a person exists in the world thats a NDS programmer and is a die hard GBA gamer..

20. bee_cup

bee_cup Member

o well, gba isnt thaty cool, noe that we have nds. the'll prolly make remakes for it for ds sooner or later.