1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 Lite for me?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by nytekat, Jun 18, 2007.

1. nytekat

nytekat Member

I've read alot of the post through here but I haven't much in the past few months... is the M3 Lite still the best for DS and GBA back-up playing or is there a new one that's better? I'm thinking about buying the M3 Lite from Game Yeeeah and this memory from meritline. Everywhere else I looked was sold out but this place ends up being pretty cheap.

I thought about the simply but I really would like to play some GBA games I didn't get to when I had my SP.

or would this be what I need more? I do want to play both DS and GBA games and I'm real intrested in the opera browser. But I guess if I had to I'd give up on the GBA games.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  2. nytekat

nytekat Member

oops double post..

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  3. dabundan

dabundan Regular member

if you want to play ds AND gba backup, get the lite from gameyeeah. with the opera browser, iono. i know as of right now, you CANT use the m3 simply by itself to run opera but that may change. iono if you can use the lite for opera as well.

here this site is pretty cheap as well and has every type you need

i have an m3 simply which i love. but i cant really play gba games. so yeah.

oh yeah there is an ezflash card for 19 bucks, it says you can use that for opera browser here
    you can get that and the m3 simply for total of 60 bucks - ish, way cheaper than the one you found.

4. nytekat

nytekat Member

I ended up just buying the simply. I don't know much about the ez-flash. I can use that for the gba games? Do I store the games on my simply to play with the ez-flash? 2mb don't seem like it would hold much... any answers would be helpful.

5. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Yes, patched GBA games can be played on the EZFlash 3-1

Yes, gaems are stored on the MicroSD in the Simply, 1 game at a time can be loaded in the EZFlash, when you want to change game you load a homebrew application to load the new game onto the EZFlash.

2MB will hardly hold anything, but I also don't have a clue where you got that number from?
    The EZFlash has 32MB of memory which is enough for even the largest GBA games (e.g Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is 32MB) you only have 1 Game on the EZflash at a time.

6. nytekat

nytekat Member

sorry I guess I misunderstood... I read

GBA function:
    It equipped with 256Mbit Norflash, 2Mbit SRAM, Battery. so it can compatible with almost GBA game(except which needs special hardware). and it has three advantages to compare with SDRAM/PSRAM GBA solution.
    1. the data still remain after power off.
    2. can be used as a standalone GBA card.
    3. perfect GBA/NDS linker

I thats where I got it.

But if you say it's pretty good then I'll try it with my simply.

7. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Ah, the 2Mbit SRAM is 256KB, it is used for the gamesave. The 256Mbit (32MB) is what is used to store the actual GBA game.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007