1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by ninmario0, Mar 5, 2007.

1. ninmario0

ninmario0 Member

Now i have a m3 simply that i plan on using to use on running .nds files from ds games that i have dumped that i own legit(i have the wrg dumping 1.4 .nds file also).now i dont know wether to get the m3 CF or m3 lite perfect.so which one would be the best to dump my ds games i own to play on my m3 simply?ive heard both run the dumper program perfect so i dont know which one to buy.thanks.

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

m3 cf.
    the times for it is like:
    3 minutes 50 seconds
    while the sd [read: m3 lite perfect] takes longer:
    20 minutes blah seconds...
    i don't know what game that was tested, but the note said the sd was slower because of it's write process [the reading speed (of the game) was the same].
    but meh, i just download, the backups are sometimes done by other means... so therefore a little more reliable.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  3. ninmario0

ninmario0 Member

ok now with the m3 CF Does it matter what type of cf card to get for it?i was thinking of getting a 1gig sandisk extreme 3 card.

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I currently have a 1GB Sandisk UltraII card and my M3CF works perfectly, I havn't had slow down in any games.

I can also confirm a 16GB Sandisk Extreme III works, though I didn't test the speed with it.

I have had a 512MB Sandisk (Standard) which worked well, and although I never noticed any slow-down, I never properly tested the speed.

I have once inserted a 8GB Sandisk Extreme IV to see if it was recognised, but it wasn't, however I do not know how the card was formatted. (it was borrowed from a mates professional camera)

I have also tried several 1GB non-branded cards that work well, but some did have slow-down in some games.

I even had my old ipod mini drive working in it for a short period of time, but the battery drain was too large, and it also had noticable slow-down in some games.

5. ninmario0

ninmario0 Member

Ok but have you or anyone tested a 1gig sandisk extreme 3 CF card with the m3 CF?i would just dump the game with my m3 cf then tranfer the dumped ds games to my r4 ds and play my dumped ds games on there along with all my homebrew,im just using the m3 cf for dumping my ds games i own only nothing else.Thanks

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

# Sandisk Extreme III 1024 MB

* WORKS with 1x/4x DMA and Firmware E18
    * Castlevania Test: 5 (4xDMA with Trim)

If you give me a coule of days I can also test the card myself to confirm the above results.

7. ninmario0

ninmario0 Member

ok shure then let me know.thanks