1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 Simply - BEUP and other messengers/web

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by handsom, Mar 15, 2007.

1. handsom

handsom Regular member

I'm having problems getting BEUP and other chat/web clients to work on my M3 simply, and I'm wondering if anyone can help, or give me a helpful link to some info?

Beup tells me it can't connect... Over and over and over...

Pretty much the same thing all around the board, but no problems with any other wireless devices or official NDS Wi-Fi games.

2. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

"Newer Nintendo DS Lite models have different Wi-Fi hardware that is not supported by homebrew using dswifi 0.3c or earlier. As a result, these homebrews cannot use Wi-Fi and fail to connect to the internet. This has been fixed with dswifi 0.3d (released 01/29/2007) however not all projects have been updated for this latest release." - My note on the wiki page in my signature. :O

DSAIM and Beup have old versions of dswifi.

3. handsom

handsom Regular member

I'm not using a lite... I honestly detest them. I'm using the older hardware. Are the newer versions not compatible with the older hardware?

4. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

The latest dswifi is compatible with the DS "Phat" ;d. Have you used Wi-Fi successfully with ANY homebrew?

5. rud

rud Member

I cant get BEUP to authenticate either. so far ive got it to connect to WFC on mario kart.
    How do you update this dswifi, is it easy?

6. handsom

handsom Regular member

Nope. But I have with commerical games. This may be a stupid question, but (especially with Beup, which has an option to 'Use Firmware' settings; is this any different than commercial wi-fi games.

7. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

Info from my page:

"Wi-Fi-enabled homebrew will not function if your wireless router/AP is not properly configured. All programs make use of a commom "dswifi" library which has limitations. If you are experiencing connection problems, verify the following:

1. Router/AP: If you're using WEP, it must be set to "Open" (possibly "Auto"); "Shared Key" is not supported.
    2. Router/AP: An SSID must be broadcasting.
    3. Nintendo DS: Configure the Nintendo DS firmware wireless settings using a Wi-Fi-enabled game.

For more information, consult your router/AP user manual or visit Nintendo Wi-Fi, navigate to 'Tech Support -> Router Info' and find your router."

rud: You cannot download dswifi separately - it is built into the program.

8. rud

rud Member

so basically ive got to wait for an updated version of BEUP to be released :/

was quite looking forward to using msn on it too lol

9. handsom

handsom Regular member

I have no WEP enabled. SSID is broadcasting. And the firmware is configured.

I am wondering though, about something else...

Instead of using WEP(etc) I configured my router to only accept wireless connections from certain MAC addresses; it's got the DS' Mac address configured in, and commercial titles have no problem with it. Could this be different with these homebrew programs?