1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m3 simply video format and converter

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by sheizzza, Jan 30, 2007.

1. sheizzza

sheizzza Member

if someone could direct me to a converter for videos to the m3 simply format that would great.
    thank you in advance.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

BatchDPG (google it) converts most video formats into .DPG format that moonshell can play. Moonshell is the media player the M3 uses incase you don't know

3. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

if you downloaded the install pack from m3 you should already have a converter. its not as good (comptibility-wise) as batchdpg.

it should be here:
    moonshell-*version here*>misc>dpgtools12>dpgenc.exe

it only does 16 frames per second by default. but you can mess with its options to something like 18fps. this makes skipping around a pain however.

i use both b/c i don't really see any differences yet. besides default fps and layout. gotta test em...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  4. sheizzza

sheizzza Member

thank you.. i havent received my simply yet but cant wait.. one more question is the quality of the video format good? in your opinion is it worth it to watch videos on your ds?

5. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

it was a hell of a lot better than i expected. i put a movie on it since thats really testing the quality and all.

here's some critical points:
    solid colors can come out blocky (esp. black)
    blurriness
    details dropped due to blurriness (the door in the movie looked like cardboard)

all that is forgivable since many portable media players have the same problems. but they don't have a great game library, 2 screens, touch screen, homebrew apps, etc.

oh yeah, conversion takes a while... the movie took 50 mins to convert from .avi to .dpg. it's still worth it in the end since i can now watch it anywhere i go.

6. sheizzza

sheizzza Member

awesome thnx man. much appreciated.