1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3DSS GBA Framez (Question)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Jademalo, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

The "Boot GBA"

Can it boot the M3 Lite in GBA mode easily, or do i have to go to the firmware?

Does it boot things in DS Mode?

Does it boot GBA games in DS mode for the cool skin thing?

How does it know between an M3 Lite and a normal GBA game?

Im just really puzzlerd.

:p

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

It boots the M3 Lite into DS mode, to access GBA mode, wither press Start after it has booted, or boot it using the "Start GBA Game" in the DS menu.

Yes, it can boot pretty much anything that has a DS mode into that mode (I have tested it with my M3CF and both my GBAMPs)

It does boot GBA games with the frame around them, I wouldn't think it is a true DS mode though, more of an enhanced GBA mode?

The header, the thing reads the header and it basically says "I'm an M3, load me!!" or "I'm a GBA game called Pokemon, Load me!!"

3. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

Wow.. 0_o Perfect thanks!

So.. you cant boot DS&GBA Cards (M3 Lite) in GBA mode with the frame then?

And does that mean that normal GBA flash cards without a DS mode get the frame?

:)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Though I havn't tested it, normal GBA flashcarts should be able to load with the frame. (i think the EZFlash 3-1 can)

I think there is a way of using frames with the M3 lite, but it is all based on the M3 Lite, no slot-1 device involved. (dunno how to do it though)

5. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Not necessarily related, and sorry to hijack, but I have a question regarding the m3 lite perfect. Once you're into it from the slot-1 device, whether into it in gba or ds mode, is there any way to get back to your slot 1 device without powering your ds off then on again?

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I don't think there is a way to do that, though I havn't really ever looked into it.