1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M7 chip help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by flatusboy, Jul 8, 2007.

1. flatusboy

flatusboy Member

I tried searching and only found 1 old thread about this, so sorry if this is old stuff.

Anyway, I just bought a 77006 (version 15 or 16???) with a M7 mp-788 pre-installed. It seems to work good so far.

Are there any instructions on how use this chip?
    What are the general feeling about this chip?

I ask because I have an older V7(?) with a Magic 3.1 and there are different sequences to make it do certain things (boot PS1/DVD/etc...)

Thanks in advance

2. steimy

steimy Active member

It is a cheap clone chip used mostly in area's around asia. And it will be quite hard to find any information on it. I have looked before and did not come up with anything really useful

3. flatusboy

flatusboy Member

Thanks for the reply.

I have been looking too, but its hard when my network is so restricted (damn gov't). I was hesitant to buy this one, but of the 2 choices I had, I recognized the name. The guy told me it was a Mars chip and the other was something I can't remember.

Oh well, it's been working good so far. I figured out how to make it play backup dvd's (movies) and it auto loads all PS2 games (backup and orig) so far. My old Magic 3.1 is still going strong back in the states after 4 years, I hope this one does as well.

4. flatusboy

flatusboy Member