1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mac and pc

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by jpfmaster, Aug 21, 2007.

1. jpfmaster

jpfmaster Member

ok so my goal is to run PC software wether thats games or applications on my macbook pro. I know i could get the fusion software that can put pc on it but i heard that it splits my hd in half. then i read something about virtual pc/boot camp if I had an intel-mac. so honestly im a tad bit confused about how I go about doing this which is why im here. thx in advance people!!

2. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

get parallels desktop, it allows you to run mac and windows side by side.... watch videos on youtube and you will understand

3. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

Parallels offers a free trial also. I have XP and Vista installed on my Macbook. Works like a charm.

4. Hec1315

Hec1315 Member

Hey I'm jus being noisey here but since I read dis i wounder how do u get window program 2 work on a mac

5. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

You need to install emulation software like Parallels or VMware Fusion. It allows you to run Windows and many other operating systems under OSX.

6. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

With Parallels and VMware Fusion you install windows just like you would on a PC... I will have a tutorial on it soon! :)