1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mac dvd player problems

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by gotisos, Jan 3, 2004.

1. gotisos

gotisos Guest

I am trying to get my friends g4 titanium to extend the desktop to a tv. I can get the desktop to extend no problem, I can drag windows over to the tv display ect. but when I try to drag the dvd player window it gets stuck on the desktop of the laptop, and it won't let me drag it over to the tv. I can mirror the dvd player fine, but I can't get the damn dvd player window to be seperate from the desktop of the laptop. err, the dvd player is the newest version for mac osx 10.2.

I've gone through all of the settings, but I can't find a box to change the settings. I am somewhat new to the mac world, so feel free to treat me like a noob. =/ -||- =/

2. gotisos

gotisos Guest

someone, anyone

3. isamu_d

isamu_d Member

the Mac DVD Player Program will only put the DVD window on the display that contains the MENU BAR. Depending on which operating system you are using(9 or 10) you will need to go to the Arrange tab in either Monitors Control panel or the Display System Preferences. Once there, drag the little white bar from the box representing the main display to the other box representing the TV to move the menu bar from one display to another. (this is all done in the arrange tab, which has boxes in it representing screens, don't go trying to drag the real menu bar around. it should make sense if you go and look at the arrange tab contents.)
    Once the menu bar is on the TV, DVD Player should let its window go there. Also, some older powerbooks don't have enough video ram to support two displays with full motion video, it may help to reduce the colors(from millions to thousands or lower) and the lower the resolution on the display you are not using.

4. gotisos

gotisos Guest

thanks a lot, I will have to try that out, when I get a chance :-B