1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mac laptop 4 video editing.

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by vegetado, Apr 10, 2007.

1. vegetado

vegetado Member

Hi,
    i'm a long time user of pc for video editing with adobe premiere. i'm in the process to switch to apple, but not sure which laptop is made for my purpose (final cut pro, photoshop, affter effects, studio pro, etc).
    . would the macbook be enough to work all those programs at the same time, or should i go with macbook pro, and above?
    . i know that we can transfert pc files to mac, and opposite. but can i plug my pc screen to the macbook to get a double screen workstation?
    . it's super easy to get any big programs for pc on the net, how do i do with mac?

my pc specs are: xp sp2, p4/2,8ghz, asus p4p800, ram 1 gb, nvidia gforce 128mb turbo

thanks in advance.

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

first if you download any software illegally on mac or use a serial number generator the software will be disabled by apples software updater this is the same for adobe now if you want to go into a macbook pro go for the biggest you can get

highest processor speed

1-2 gigs worth of memory

200 gig hard drive max of what os x can read

and use it but for software we are not allowed to tell pirates where to get things illegally it kinda gets us in trouble

3. vegetado

vegetado Member

thanks for the reply, i'll try to manage to get the $ for the best laptop necessary.
    i know about afterdawn policy on piracy, and i respect it. as i want to move to the pros rank, i will be part of those who get their stuff legit for mac.