1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mac, pc, or both?!?!?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by deejizzle, Dec 13, 2007.

1. deejizzle

deejizzle Guest

hey guys, im in the market for a new laptop because my hp presario isnt booting up properly anymore. im starting to save up for a new one, but i need some input, i didnt wanna put this in either the mac or pc topics because i didnt want to put this in a bias enviornment. What do you think i should do? should i go with mac and their new leopard, or an hp laptop with vista? or, i was seriously thinking of doing both, buying a nice mac laptop and using bootcamp and do leopard and vista ultimate. i need inputs please.

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Well if you're into video editing/multi media stuff, then the Mac will beat the PC. If you like to game, and do "regular" things, the the PC is best. As you said, you could run bootcamp, but I dont see why you would do that since I think there are more features in Vista than Leopard.

3. deejizzle

deejizzle Guest

well i could get the bost of both worlds. will vista and mac on a laptop dramatically slow thigns down?

4. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Not if you get 2GB of ram, and a Core 2 Duo processor they wont. Vista will take a good amount of space from your HDD though.

5. deejizzle

deejizzle Guest

i believe its a core 2 duo at.. 2 ghz? hwoever the ram is at 1gb. does mac use a special type of ram?

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Quite possibly. RAM is easily removable so take it out and have a look, then buy another the same.

7. deejizzle

deejizzle Guest

alright. should i be going through any problems if i dual boot?

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I don't have personal experience in that area so I couldn't say.