1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mac pro g5

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by zpaitsel, Jan 4, 2012.

1. zpaitsel

zpaitsel Regular member

ok first off thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me with this.

I have been a PC/windows guy for years. I have recently aquired 3 Mac Pro G5's and am considering moving that way and hosting a site. I am wondering if anyone can tell me what o/s or software I may need to move in that direction. this isn't like an urgent need just something I would like to start toying with. I have a concept of mac but just not a heck of alot of experience using them. You may ask why not just build a server on windows base.. well these three units were 100% FREE to me from a friend who go them from a job where they replaced some systems.

again thanks in advance

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Congratulations:

Well sort-off

I am sorry to report apple no longer supports these machines the last version of mac os x you can use on these machines are 10.5 leopard or 10.5 leopard server other bad news adobe no longer makes flash player for power pc macintoshes so you cannot even set up a site because it won't recognize flash player 11 sorry...

These machines are good for using them as media center machines but thats about it.