1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mac problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by slvermine, Mar 24, 2005.

1. slvermine

slvermine Member

I just got a mac mini with a superdrive, and i successfully ripped and burned 3 movies in a row...using the same media, (which were admittedly crappy), ive produced 4 coasters trying 3 different movies. Why would the first few work and then the last few wouldnt...im using mac the ripper, then toast titanium, burning them as dvd-rom data cd's..
    last nite, i ripped a movie, it burned and verified successfully but then it wouldnt play

i dont get it...any ideas?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The fact you stated you used CRAPPY media may be the problem. With cheap/poor quality media you may get some that work and some that don't out of the same package. The failure rate out of a batch may be as high as 50%. Another problem with the junk media is that the ones that work now may not work again in six months. Try some well known good media and see if the problem goes away. There is a forum just for MAC at this link.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/56

Good luck.

Jerry

3. slvermine

slvermine Member

thanks, i just got the thing, i just didnt wanna buy a spindle of 50 and have them not work, so i started small and cheap...most likely why they didnt work right...thanks for the response

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

No problem. The fact you got some to work at least seems to say you have the process right and your programs are working. Later.

Jerry