1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAC; Replace Pioneer DVR-103 with DVR-107

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by ggushee, Feb 5, 2005.

1. ggushee

ggushee Member

I want to replace my 103 with a 107? I have a Powerbook G4...Should I assume all connections are the same as I will just swap units in my external housing....the 107 is a 8x where as a 103 is a 1x.....CAN I DO THIS!!! I will probably have to update the 107 with mac Firmware update....ANY COMMENTS! Thanks, Gordon

2. Londor

Londor Guest

You should not have a problem since the 107 is supported by the OS (10.3.x). So no need to update the firmware unless you want to make it region free or increase the read speed.

On the other hand I would recommend you to get the 109 because it burns +/- dual layer media at 4x and single layer media at 16x though at the moment it is not supported by the OS so you will need to install PatchBurn to get it working with the Finder and iApps or use Toast.

3. ggushee

ggushee Member

FOLLOW-UP......So, I can buy a DVR 107 which is not Mac firmware updated......install on the 107 the mac firmware and then all is well....or is there a specifc DVR 107 for the Mac....I see on ebay a regular 107 for $25.00 and then a Mac 107 for $65.00.....are people just paying the extra money because they don't know how to install the firmware to make the unit function with a Mac or am I the one who is mis informed. Please Advise Gordon