1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac User needs help!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by EmmetKT, Feb 3, 2008.

1. EmmetKT

EmmetKT Guest

Hi okay so here's my little tale of woe.

Yesterday I installed my Wiikey. Seems to have worked okay as its playing my original games. However, I don't know what to do next. I am running Osx and a lot of the programs in the EXCELLENT wii firmware updates, wii and wiikey gide are not available to me.

Here's what I need to know. Are there any other mac users out there?

I have Mario & Sonic backed up to iso.

How should I burn this to DVD-R? I really have no idea what software to use.

Same goes for the wiikey update, also I have only installed the wiikey I have not run config disks or updates yet what exactlly should be my next step?

Okay I think that covers it. I'm sorry if I seem like a lazy or stupid newb but I have been reading up I'm just finding the whole process really confusing. Any help would be great thanks.

2. cybaster

cybaster Member

you can use Disk utility to burn isos, remeber to set the speed of the burn.

Wiikey updates are tougher, either have access to a PC, bootcamp, MAYBE try Parallels or VMWare Fusion. and then burn the iso again with Disk Utility

if that doesn't work, try to find if there are any pre-patched iso of firmware updates for your region (i think this forum has it somewhere on the stickies)

3. boybrown

boybrown Member

Hi,
    I don't have the Wiikey chip i have an openwii chip but i'm a mac user.
    I burn my dvd's on an external freecom writer at x6. You can use disk utility to burn the iso's i use a program called wiijunkies for mac. You can set your region and it'll apply whatever it does :) then burn in one program. seems to be fine for me. I'm running 10.5.1 on an intel Mac.

cheers