1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAC WII BURNING!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by maz057, Dec 4, 2007.

1. maz057

maz057 Member

Doesn't anybody have an extensive write up on how to burn and play wii games with a Mac? I have searched this forum and all of the info is very broken up and in no kind useful order. Does anybody have a link or something they post? (What type of DVD's, programs, newsgroups, etc...)

2. maz057

maz057 Member

Come on, some has to know where there is a good refrence.

3. maz057

maz057 Member

So from what I have read, this is what I am getting.
    You cannot rip games from any DVD-burner(drive.)

Any .ISO should be able to be downloaded and played with the wiikey installed.

What is the wiikey update though?

What else do i need to know?

Can i burn the games with toast?

Can anybody help refer me to a GOOD news group, as there is alot of crap out there?

How can I go about useing torrent files on a mac(without installing windows)?

4. maz057

maz057 Member

Come on someone send me a pm or something. This is freakin' hard. What the heck is .rar from what i have found I need a rar dumper.Does anybody know of a good one.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

6. kesma594

kesma594 Member

I am running Leopard on a MACBOOK PRO all I use to burn a iso is Disk Utility which is located in Apps/Utilities and after opening Disk Utility just place your Blank DVD in your computer click burn and then select the ISO you would like to burn. Then burn at 4x and it should work great.

Note: I use TDK DVD-R

Note: To find the Torrent info you like just google "best torrent program for OSX" That should yield good results.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  7. maz057

maz057 Member

Thanks guys that is a huge help. Can you tell me what file I need specificaly to boot the wiikey? I have tried the files off of wiikey.cn and Im not sure which file it is or what I need to boot it up. Can I burn the boot on a cd-r or does it have to be DVD+R? Which file do I pull from the downloaded folder to make this work? Wiikey.cn doesn't exactly explain their product so well.

8. kesma594

kesma594 Member

I use a Wiinja so I am not of too much help. You can play back-ups from your region without anything being done to your Wiikey.
    But I assume that you pick the file that goes with your region.
    You can't burn on CD and I prefer DVD-R , but if your are interested in burning your updates DVD RW's I hear work and it won't waste disks if you are doing it frequently.

9. Demaster

Demaster Regular member

If you've gotten ahold of a .iso Wii file (don't care where you got it) it should be good to go burn with either Toast (i prefer) or Disk Image Utility as long as your Wii is modded.

(as a personal Win/Mac user) I've written up posts here for mac users long ago if u can dig through enough posts to find mine.

If you're looking for support to flash-in Wiikey updates, or for that matter ANY firmware updates, you're going to have to hookup with a windows friend of yours who have a DVD burner and borrow their comp. for 10 mins.

If you're looking to rip & copy your own games to backup, there's a mess of semi-tricky things you'd have to go through, obviously the same process as windows user but just different not-so-wide-spread software that,some of which, doesn't have GUIs and some use command prompts of the sort.

hope I helped!

10. maz057

maz057 Member

What I really need to know is how to boot up the wiikey. My sytem doesn't seen to recognize the disk I am useing a Fujifilm 1-16x disk burning it at 1x and am useing the US.iso from the wiikey site. It doesnt recognize it. Any thoughts on what could be wrong? I installed the wiikey and I am an experienced solderer. But it just wont read the disk.

11. kesma594

kesma594 Member

Try using a different program to burn the update if that is infact what you are having a problem with. I was unable to burn the update for my Wiinja Deluxe using disk utility. My Wii back-ups work fine using disk utility. For my updates I had to use CDclone. That is a windows program so I ran it on my Mac using XP on parallel.

12. maz057

maz057 Member

Ok thanks I'll try that, I am using toast. I dont know if that has been proven to work but maybe I will try the disk utility. If that doesn't work I will download the program you mentioned and run it on my partition. My only problem with windows is that i dont have the service pack 2 so I have no wireless connectivity(well thats not my only problem with windows but it is the problem at hand..LOL).

13. maz057

maz057 Member

Sorry not trying to double post but I am unable to edit.

I am trying to do the initial boot up, not the update. I will try the program you mentioned though. Thanks again for all the great help and reference.