1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macbook pro gaming

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by thumpy, Aug 6, 2010.

1. thumpy

thumpy Regular member

I am thinking about buying a notebook. I want a computer that can game and do alot of stuff. I was thinking about a pc but I am like wait you can install windows also on the mac so i can have the best of both worlds.

I plan on playing call of duty 2, dragon age origins, left 4 dead 2 etcc but I will do so by installing bootcamp and windows 7. These are the specs of the mac I am looking at. Can this run the games great or I have to play them in the crappiest settings to run.

# 2.66GHz Intel Core i7
    # 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
    # NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with 512MB
    # 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
    # SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    # MacBook Pro 15-inch Glossy Widescreen Display

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

COD2 is pretty old. So that should run at ok max settings. I know those other games won't run at max. Mid settings will be ok.

3. EET

EET Regular member

I bet that was a rhetorical question since the required config for COD2 is heavily beaten by that system. 3-2=1, right?

4. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

you need to understand something which everyone failed to miss here in this forum.

Boot camp doesn't have full control over the graphics card so if you use a direct x game that requires full direct x support it is going to limit your screen refresh rate and even your resolution so be far warned