1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macrovision

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by legin, May 17, 2004.

1. legin

legin Guest

I’m new to video capturing and have run into the problem of macrovision protection.

I have an Adaptec Videho AVC-2210 capture device that came with Sonic MyDVD software. When I try to copy some of my VHS tape I get an error indicating that macrovision has been detected and capturing is disabled. I have purchased a Digital video stabilizer ($26 over the internet) but still get the problem. I’m not sure if the device is actually working as I get the same error with it turned on or off.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Have you made sure that you have hooked up the Video stabilizer properly Like have you Put in the 9v Battery and have the Correct Video In/Out ports hooked up properly???

3. legin

legin Guest

Thanks Minion for the response.

After it did not make any difference I did take apart the unit and checked the battery, even checked across VCC and ground on a couple of chips and measured 5 volts. Plugged in the cables according to the silk screen in the stabilizer and still get Macrovision error. Plugged the cables in backwards with the unit on and off same results.

So not sure what’s wrong with it. If I had a circuit diagram I might I’d take a look at the signals and see what’s what. Anybody know where there might be a diagram?