1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mad Catz Wii System Stacker please read if you decided to purchase one

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by tabletpc, Feb 1, 2007.

1. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

Ok i enjoy trying out third party accessories from time to time just to keep my options open and my gaming experiance cheap

anyways i decided to go and purchase the Madcatz Wii System stacker as it is known as

seen here

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802607

well i like the product because of the plastic it is made out of nice durable and stable it is the most nicest wii stand and wii game holder i have used so far

pros:

white matches the wii console

easy access for gamecube controller ports and memory card slots

simple to assemble

CONS AND THERE ARE 2 OF THEM THAT ARE SERIOUS

1.the stand needs to be modded before you use the console in it the stand blocks the vent on the underside of the wii console so a dremal is needed to cut a hole in the wall that seperates the console from the storage area nothing really to sever to fix

2.for the console to properly vent the vents on the side of the console need to stay clear problem fixed easy just remove the tab that is in the back of the stand that is right below the wii's fan

after all of this the stand is ready for use i decided to write this because people where complaining there consoles where overheating with a small it of time i was able to fix the problem without any issues

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

It looks really nice! Nice and organized, and it looks like you can place something on top. I wonder how strong that thing is?

3. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

it's pretty stong they say in the instruction manual you can set 4 dvd players on top of it and after purchasing one myself i half to agree it's pretty nice which is kinda weird because madcatz makes really bad products sometimes

4. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

what the holes are on top is the slots to place wii game cases on