1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mad dog multimedia dvd burnner

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jknakes, Sep 17, 2004.

1. jknakes

jknakes Guest

i was just wondering if anyone had any expeirience with their stuff. i'm thinking of getting another dvd burrend since i only have one drive on my laptop and comp usa has a really good deal on them.

2. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Go to this site and type in Mad Dog and the model number you are considering. They will tell you the true manufacturer and comment on disk compatibility.
    In the past both NEC and Toshiba have supplied equipment to Mad Dog. Toshiba has reputation about being finicky with media but the NEC burners are well liked. At this stage of the game I would rather have a 4X NEC made burner than an 8X Toshiba. Less arrgrevation and 4X media are getting cheap.

3. jknakes

jknakes Guest

MegaStor 7-in-1 Dual Layer 8x External USB 2.0 DVD+/-RW Drive

Manufacturer: Mad Dog Multimedia

Mfg Part #: MD-8XDVD9-EXT

Product Number: 312930

4. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Whooops!
    I left out the link to the site that's going to identify the true manufacturer. Plug in the name and model number of the drive:
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters
    Although if it is a dual layer drive, it may be too new to have been commented upon.

5. jknakes

jknakes Guest

i'm guessing it's too new cause it didn't show up

6. tarby

tarby Member

The MD-8XDVD9 is based on a Nec with custom firmware. See the NEC Hardware forum on club.cdfreaks.com for more info