1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MadCatz BlueTooth Headset HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by bobbyhall, May 3, 2007.

1. bobbyhall

bobbyhall Member

I bought the headset cus i wanted to talk to people on my ps3
    on the xmb and whilst playing games, and scene as this one was made for the ps3 i thought il get it....... BUT WHAT I LOAD AGRO ITS CAUSING ME....
    Ok il start from the pairing bit.....i fully charge the headset, then turn it off, i then go into accesecory's in settings, then go to headset/etc...., i then hold the k1 button for roughly 8 seconds untill it starts flashing blue and red, ok... so then i scan around and it picks up the headset as 6680 or sumthing, i go on that and the first time i paired it, it said complete without asking for a passkey, so i thought thats not right so tryed again, this time it did ask me for a passkey, and then paired complete.
    So im chatting away on the xmb to sum1, then get off, first i turn the headset off then the console, next boot up i have to pair the headset again, again alot of the times tryin to pair it didnt ask me for a passkey, i managed to pair it with the passkey in the end.
    I then go on fight night and talk with sum1 whilt beatin them up on there, all is great.
    I then go off fight night using the PS button straight to the xmb. and then the headset off then the console, after every boot up i have to do this proccess all over again, and even sumtimes after pairing it with the passkey tryin to talk to people in the xmb it doesnt work!!!!! PLZZZ PLLZ PLZZ SUM1 HELP ME WITH THIS AS I AM BEGGINING TO THINK ITS A PILE OF SH*T AND SENDING IT BK

2. Sudds

Sudds Active member

I dont think its your headset... I think its a flaw with the PS3 bluetooth.
    My headset does the same thing but i have to play my PS3 with the feckin USB cord plugged into my controller if i want to use the headset... I know your pain... and i havent got away around it yet.

3. bobbyhall

bobbyhall Member

Thanks for the post, and its not just that, last night i couldnt even turn the stupid thing on!!! i would hold the button down and no lights would turn on, in the end i would have to connect it to the charger cable so the red light turns on, then take it out then turn it on, and even then sumtimes it wouldnt work!!....i think i might put it on ebay and find another one

4. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

Most of the time you just have to press the talk button the head set, just a quick press, and if it paired it should start working.

I've only paired mine once. in the last 2 weeks,

If you pair to another device you will have to pair with PS3 again, so if you share it with your phone, you have to pair it every time, but if you only use it on the PS3 you should just have to turn it on then press the talk button.

I have a Sony H-35 headset. main problem is it only lasts 4-5 hours.

may do a battery upgrade, and fit a external battery connector.