1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madden 2004 has Dnas...gotta use originals

Discussion in 'PS2' started by legolas1, Aug 5, 2003.

1. legolas1

legolas1 Member

Hey, i found out rom madden2004.com that it wil be DNAS protected for online gameing for ps2.

So that means that either ya hafta switch ur backuop with the original or just use the original....(which i think defeats the purpose of a backup but who cares what i think).

I dk if XBOX has it but it prolly does.
    Respond if u know anythign more about it. Thanks.

2. psx245

psx245 Regular member

i knew this was gonna happen because ea sports released ncaa football 2004 and it was the same issue.

3. djillini

djillini Regular member

This is basically a regular thing, that all new online capable games will be "DNAS" protected.

4. Mooner

Mooner Member

Is there ever gonna be away around this DNAS protection. Its annoying because I do want to play madden 2004 online, and yes i will buy it not pirate it, but i think it would be cool if i could actually play a backup online, because my brother has a ps2 also and always uses my games and ends up scratching them up and what not. Id rather give him the backup to mess around with and do whatever. I have ncaa 2004 already and hes already workd on scratching it up, and its pissing me off. Theres also the problem if we both wanna play onlien at the same time.

Anyone know if this DNAS crap be cracked ever?

5. legolas1

legolas1 Member

i dk if there is away aroufd the DNAS yet..maybe in the future but for now ya gotta us ethe original.

6. toolband

toolband Guest

I just put in the original copy of madden, and it won't go online, so you can't even go online with the original if you have the modchip.

7. Mooner

Mooner Member

hey tool band you have to temporarily disable the mod chip by holding the reset for a certain amount of time. What kinn chip you got i havent tried goin online with any dnas protected games since i dont have any yet plannin on gettin madden 2004 or Ncaa 2004

hope they work without having to turn the mod off since it was a annoyance for me to get my messiah to start reading backups now that i got it to work i dont wanna turn it off

8. robert34

robert34 Guest

Does Magic3.1 have this problem, because it switches off after the boot.

It would be cool if there was an update for DMS chips.
    So you could have an option, to boot with the chip on then switch off after like 2 minutes, and the original features to play the games that check if the disc is original.

So magic3.1 doesnt work with some games, and now Messiah2 now doesnt work with some games.

*sigh

9. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

magic 3.1 doesn't have that problem because it switches off aftter 5 seconds of boot up and the servers can't detect you. i think they shouldve made magic 3.1 compatible only for v1- v6 unless you dont mind a couple of double checking games to boot for the v7. Also if you have a version 7 and up and if there is an update for the dms to switch off it would be able to boot double check game like magic 3.1 if that's what you mean.

10. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

my bad i mean it would be able to boot double check games.

11. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

^^^man my keyvboard doesnt work too good *wouldn't* instead of would.