1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madden 2005 and disc id

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dpdblues, Aug 22, 2004.

1. dpdblues

dpdblues Member

I have succesfully played 2 games online with my Madden 2005 backup, but tonight I tried and after me and the other person selected our teams and it went to the loading screen, it would load but not go to the field, then it would say on the other guys end that he lost my connection. Just wondering if I got the disc Id off of my original madden 2005, if it was being played online before I got online with my backup with the same id would that not allow me to play mine online?

2. BTW1217

BTW1217 Member

No, you're IDs are fine. He either quit the game before it started, or it was just a connection error. But it didn't have anything to do with the Disc IDs. Once you get through the DNAS scan, disc IDs don't attribute to further online play.

3. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

hey, okay, this is kind of off topic... but when i make a backup of my DVD game, how, and why do i get/change the disc ID?

4. BTW1217

BTW1217 Member

Each online game with DNAS support has a specific code that DNAS scans and uses to make sure that you're playing a legitimate copy. When you make a backup you have to get the code off of the original because when you rip it onto your computer the DNAS code in the file is blank. It's blank because your computer's DVD-ROM drive cannot read the code because its stored on the innermost ring of media which only a PS2 can read. So basically, you need the Disc ID from your original to pass the DNAS scan and play online. Each game has its on ID (i.e. your copy of Madden 2005 and my copy of Madden 2005 would have different codes). I've been told that ANY valid Disc ID will work no matter what the game, meaning that, for example, you could use a SOCOM 2 Disc ID code on your Madden and still be ok. I haven't tried this though, so I can't confirm it. Here's the tutorial on obtaining the Disc ID from your original and patching it into your ripped file.

http://ps2nfo.com/on-line.html

5. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

that explaines a lot, thnx for the info!!

6. windigo

windigo Guest

Well... I have read all that...and I think I know what I am doing. However, I cant get Disc ID Utility V0.2A or Image Patcher V1.6 because when I goto ps2ownz.com they say my IP has been banned. Whats with that? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

7. ev1l

ev1l Guest

btw what specific code i have the original copy of socom 2 and i don't c a code on the cover of the game. to be able to play a back up online?

8. BTW1217

BTW1217 Member

It's a code that's stored in the game itself. You can't see it. In order to get the code you have to use the Disc ID Utility V0.2A which can be downloaded from http://ps2nfo.com/on-line.html and burnt onto a CD-R. Instructions on how to burn the file, and on how to use the CD once it's burnt can be found there as well. However, registration for that site is temporarily down which prohibits you from downloading the files unless you already have an account with them. I don't have the files, and I don't know of any other site in which you could find them. The way I got my Disc ID for Madden is, I fear, neither legal nor safe and was only used as a last resort, therefore I won't post it. I hope this helped, and if you still need something answered, feel free to ask.

9. pureplyr0

pureplyr0 Member

Okay I really want to know how to do this but I can't get a copy of the disc ID changer or anything. If possible can somebody email them to me if I give you my email? I also have MSN messanger where you can send it through that, PLEASE SOMEBODY.

10. bigstevew

bigstevew Guest

Hello I'm having trouble getting
    Disc ID Utility V0.2A
    and Image Patcher V1.6 OR Disc ID Insertor V2.01

PS2NFO.com is not accepting any more new users.
    Can someone send me the files @
    Bigstevew_2000@yahoo.com

11. thepudge

thepudge Member

Ok, im following all the steps and i understand them.. But when i put my original dis in the station after the disc util. it doesnt give me anything just 00 for everything. any ideas?

12. thepudge

thepudge Member

figured it out , i had to use the dvd version

13. pureplyr0

pureplyr0 Member

ANYBODY HAVE THE DISC ID CHANGER OR THE OTHER PROGRAM.

14. pureplyr0

pureplyr0 Member

15. BTW1217

BTW1217 Member

Registration is back up for ps2nfo.com, so you can find all the files you need there.

Disc Id Utility V0.2A CD/DVD versions:
    http://www.ps2ownz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24552

Image Patcher V1.6:
    http://www.ps2ownz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24554

Disc ID Insertor V2.01:
    http://www.ps2ownz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24555

Tutorial:
    http://ps2nfo.com/on-line.html

Just click "register" if you aren't already. It's quick and easy and you'll have access to the forums and those files afterwards.

16. pureplyr0

pureplyr0 Member

Alright can ANYBODY please give me a website provider they accept??? Because I don't have a non-web based email. If anybody could maybe give me their account stuff I would appreciate it a ton.

17. BTW1217

BTW1217 Member

Yeah, you can use mine. Username for ps2nfo.com is the same (BTW1217), but the password is different (amb22)

U/N: BTW1217
    P/W: amb22

18. pureplyr0

pureplyr0 Member

THANK YOU. You are the man!

19. BTW1217

BTW1217 Member

No problem. Glad I could help.

20. pureplyr0

pureplyr0 Member

It says that I don't have permission to acess this page, after I click on the .zip file.