1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madden 2005 Issue

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Jerman, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Jerman

Jerman Member

I've been trying to copy Madden 2005 for the past couple days, but for some reason my DVD drives can't decrypt past 93% percent. I have a Plextor 708UF DVD burner, an LG DRD8160B DVD drive, DVD Decrypter and Nero 6.5, and I've tried about every combination of those four devices, and none are able to decrpyt past 93%, which leads me to believe it's a disk problem. Still, I just wanted to see if anybody else has encountered this problem and what they did to fix it. Thanks.

EDIT: I have the regular edition of the game, not the Special Edition.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2004
  2. dpdblues

dpdblues Member

Are you trying to backup Madden 2005 or Madden 2005 Collectors Edition?

3. Jerman

Jerman Member

Yeah sorry, I just edited my post. It's the regular edition, so I know it's possible.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

somethings wrong with the original. i had no problems with mine.

5. Jerman

Jerman Member

That's what I figured....Damn.

6. ev1l

ev1l Guest

no point of trying to copy madden 2005 for the ps2 i can get ps2 game's for 3.00 dollers a peace that at httpxxxxxxxxxxx.com

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2004
  7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Even with the updated rules, that is still against the rules ev1l.

8. ev1l

ev1l Guest

how is that against the rules sly. why don't u read this big rule and tell me what u think about it??? Section 117 of the US Copyright Laws
    § 117. Limitations on exclusive rights: Computer programs
    Not withstanding the provisions of section 106, it is not an infringement for the owner of a copy of a computer program to make or authorize the making of another copy or adaptation of that computer program provided: (1) that such a new copy or adaptation is created as an essential step in the utilization of the computer program in conjunction with a machine and that it is used in no other manner, or(2) that such new copy or adaptation is for archival purposes only and that all archival copies are destroyed in the event that continued possession of the computer program should cease to be rightful.

You are required to own an original copy of the title you intend to backup or purchase a backup of. We are not responcible for what you do with said copy

9. ev1l

ev1l Guest

Section 117 of the US Copyright Laws
    § 117. Limitations on exclusive rights: Computer programs
    Not withstanding the provisions of section 106, it is not an infringement for the owner of a copy of a computer program to make or authorize the making of another copy or adaptation of that computer program provided: (1) that such a new copy or adaptation is created as an essential step in the utilization of the computer program in conjunction with a machine and that it is used in no other manner, or(2) that such new copy or adaptation is for archival purposes only and that all archival copies are destroyed in the event that continued possession of the computer program should cease to be rightful.

You are required to own an original copy of the title you intend to backup, if you sell or give away the original copy, you will either, (A) Destroy that backup or (B) Give the backup to the person receiving the original. This law extends to PC, PSX, PS2, Xbox, VCD, DVD, VHS, PC Games, Ps Software and basically anything that consists of copyable data for backup purposes.
    The creator of this page or the ISP hosting any content on this site take NO responsibility for the way you use the information provided on this site. All the objects on this site are private property and are not meant for viewing or any other purposes other than bandwidth space. If you enter this site you are not agreeing to these terms and you are violating code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995 and that means that you can NOT threaten our ISP, the web designer or any person(s) or company storing these files, cannot prosecute any person(s) affiliated with this page which includes family, friends or individuals who run or enter this web site.
    When you click the banner to enter you are agreeing to these terms. If you do not agree please leave now!

Laymen's Terms:
    You must own the rights to the backups you are purchasing here. If you don't you are breaking the law so go away! read that and tell me what u think about it? shy i am only buying software that i already own it make's no different's if i do own it or not

10. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

im not going to get into a big argument with you, its a waste of my time. but if its legal to make backup movies of ones you own, why are programs like dvd shrink or dvd decrypter illegal in the us?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2004
  11. ev1l

ev1l Guest

no software is not a illegal or movie's and game's in the usa? or any other state's... like dvd shrink or dvd decrypter why would people be selling the software to u on the net. if it was a illegal

12. ev1l

ev1l Guest

im not going to fight with u on this. i was just wondering why u said i was breaking the rule's posting a site for other people to back up progream's and file's that's all buddy

13. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

1. they are free programs
    2. before you download, it asks if you are in the us since they are illegal in the us.

14. ev1l

ev1l Guest

program's that u own

15. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i guess its boarderline, you can't link to pirated material, and that site could easily be used for piracy.

16. ev1l

ev1l Guest

im done talking about this crap lets just be friend's and talk about something eles

17. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

no problem.

18. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  19. ev1l

ev1l Guest

Hi shy how do you make a back up of Madden 2005 for the ps2 on dvd r

20. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

dvd decrypter, mode-iso-read, mode-iso-write. ritek g04 dvd-r, burned at 2x.