1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

madden 2k4 w/ v4 ps2 no solder & slide card

Discussion in 'PS2' started by deep0r, Jan 8, 2004.

1. deep0r

deep0r Member

i have a v4 ps2 and ive tried several times to get a copy of madden 2k4 to work. I have the no solder chip and a slide card with swap magic v3 (both cd and dvd discs). i checked he disc in windows and is the exact same as the original disc. i used disc decrypter to make the copy. I used a memorex dvd-r and tried a generic dvd+rw as well. When i try the backup, i get the pink border meaning its not reading the disc. Just to make sure its not the swap disc or ps2, i tried the original disc and loaded it with the swap magic dvd disc and it loaded fine. Im at a total loss why the backup isnt working. Any ideas would be great. ive tried everything i can think of and have read on these forums :(

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

a pink/red border with swap magic is either a bad burn or a media related problem and no matter what you do with that backup copy it will never load suggest you try re-burning your game again at a lower speed or if its the first time you have used that brand of media suggest you try a different brand

3. Velesco

Velesco Member

This may sound like a dumb question but, Why do you need a slide card with a no-solder mod and swap magic? I have a no-solder mod and swap magic without the slide card and my copy of madden 2004 works great.

4. deep0r

deep0r Member

lol, its not a dumb question. I got the no solder, and a friend gave me his slide card. im basically trying anything i can think of to get the game to work. how did you rip your backup of madden? maybe im doing something wrong when i burn it, i honestly have no clue why its not working. im about to try a dvd+r to see if maybe that will work

5. deep0r

deep0r Member

dont know if this will help anyone in the future, but i did get madden 2k4 working perfect. I had to use a dvd+r not a dvd-r. the dvd-r doesnt seem to work with my v4ps2.

6. Velesco

Velesco Member

I used recornow Max with the cheap compusa dvd-r. they work great for me, 20+ backups, now coasters.