1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Made in....... WHERE?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Noriko82, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Alright everyone i am stuck. This is a small question i was thinking over and over......!!! and i thought of posting it on the forum!!.

I've seen so many reviews and postings on forums saying that PS2 is made in JAPAN and XBOX is made in USA. well what i wonder is my PS2 is made in CHINA!. how come that happen?

PS2's are made in china? is it true?. Coz my PS2 says so. it is a PAL machine.

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Sony has been known to produce it's PS2's in China from time to time for cost saving purposes.

3. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

That doesn't mean that it is not good right?. Phew!

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

A made in China PS2 probably wouldn't bother me all too much as long as it works. The only thing annoying about the construction of the PS2 is Sony's use of Sanyo DVD-ROM's instead of their own to cut costs which is why the older PS2's can't seem to read very much writable media and even lead to many original discs giving a disc read error eventually.

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

today most of stuff made in china from tvs to burners... im not surprised my dvd burners were made in china... even if the company is from japan... being made in china has nothing to do with quality of the products... cuz some of the companys make sure they use good parts...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  6. finty101

finty101 Regular member

Yeah not alot is made in the home country of the company anymore, it costs too much to pay the workers which is why china is used. I *think* XBOX's are also built in mexico, and the ps2 was constructed in Mexico around the start to get a steady supply to America.

It doesnt really make a differance any way, companies always do stuff like that to save money.