1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mafia --- Does it need Cdloader?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jdilla, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

im wondering if this new release game needs cdloader www.swapmagicfix.com has the game, but for v7 users its blank. i guess they are still trying to figure out how to get it to work, if anyone has in this forum can you please say so. i personally dont have the game but would like to know

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i order mine few days ago and recive it last evning... quite a game but they should do something with that dark thingy... the screen is to dark... specialy at night.. game works here fine but i got me the original... NTSC that is..

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I just got the game so I will let you all know how it goes.Peace L-Burna

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah Mafia does need the use of cdloader7_b5.1 this is the one I used and it is working I put it on the 5v3 no pin and it works.Peace L-Burna

5. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

thanks for the help fellas!

6. PVespa

PVespa Member

cdloader7_b5.1? where did you get that file?

i found cdloaderv7 and cdloaderbeta5.1 on swapmagicfix.com

is your patch the same as one of those files?

also, i've never needed to use a swapmagicfix patch to backup my games, is it an easy process?

7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey PVespa just burn those to a cd-r the cdloaders and boot them up with the swap magic cd then follow the steps for cdloader such as when it starts up press the X button and it will show you something like this
    5v2
    5v3 no pin
    ect....
    Just click on 5v3 and it should refresh the cdloader now just hit the eject button and plug in the swap magic dvd close the tray and press X and it will say put in backup EA method.Just open the fliptop lid or using swipe card method just swap out the swap magic dvd with the backup and press X and it will play.Peace L-Burna cdloaders are better than the patches for one reason you don't get fake patches sometimes which is very good

8. PVespa

PVespa Member

thx for the help L-Burna
    but i tried the cdloader from swapmagicfix.com and tidusx and both of them got me to a screen that said change disc and press X to play
    when i pressed x it said "error when reading disc"

on the bottom left corner it says "Media: PS2 CD"
    does this mean i have the wrong loader? or is there a way to change that to PS2 DVD?

9. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

pvespa, mafia should start right using cdloader. cdloader7_b5.1.. i think its the same loader that is used to start true crime streets of la, its the one about splinter cell cdloader, just download the cdloader that is neccesary for true crimes, its the same one, burn the cdloader bin, cue files with cdrwin.

10. Natures

Natures Guest

Hi can anybody help me.

Im trying to back up ps2games with dvddecrypter. I have magic swap discs (cd and dvd) and a slidecard. When i use dvddecrypter i get to files dvdimage and dvdimage.mds. Which one should I select???

And when i have made a succesfully backup and inserted my swap magic disc and followed the instructions and I press X, my ps2 only shows a pink border and then nothing more happens?? It wont boot my backups???

Can anyone help me??

11. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

you should burn the file that says dvd image.. not the .mds file