1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mafia w/ Swap Magic?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by McTwist, Feb 16, 2004.

1. McTwist

McTwist Member

I`m like a total newb so I don`t know anything about the backing up thing. I can`t seem to get Mafia to play on Swap Magic v2.0. It shows me a pink border. I have tried it with the CD Loader and still no luck. I tried everything to get this working. Anyone else having problems?

2. noobhere

noobhere Member

Do this exactly

1. boot with swap magic cd (white top)
    2. swap disc with cd loader from www.swapmagicfix.com
    3. press x
    4. EJECT the cd loader using the blue button on your ps2, and put in the swap magic dvd (blue top) then press x.
    5. swap disc with mafia copy and hit x.

3. McTwist

McTwist Member

Ummmmm it didnt work. It shows the green space thing with a pink border at the bottom. I think I burned it right. I did the whole process like 20 times and no luck. I even tried the 5V3 NO PN and it still gives me the same results. Am I doing something wrong?

4. BISH

BISH Regular member

i got mafia to work using the swap magic 3.0 disc

5. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

If it's the actual Mafia disc that's giving the pink border, it could indicate a bad burn, cos even if it's double-protected, the blue/green border should show before it hangs.

Dene

6. noobhere

noobhere Member

try redoing the burn with a - r if possible (preferrably a ritek) at 1x. Also use dvd decryptor. I can't see how you would have any more problems. Also are you sure the version of cd loader you have is right for your machine. Have you ever used it on a different game? Good luck.

7. McTwist

McTwist Member

I think the CD Loader is the right one. I burned the game twice with a DVD+R TDK. I`ll try dvd decrypter. ttyl ill let ya kno if it worked.