1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 2 / Apple on/off toggle switch

Discussion in 'PS2' started by zendez33, Oct 1, 2003.

1. zendez33

zendez33 Member

Has anyone installed a toggle switch for their magic 2/apple modded ps2. Id like to disable the chip after game has booted. If someone could tell me how, well which wire supplies the power to the chip that'd be great. Thanx

2. zendez33

zendez33 Member

Ive found a pic of my chip apple/magic2....For a switch ill tap into the ground...but which power source do i tap into 5v or 3.3v????

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

NEITHER, DO NOT SWITCH A POWER LINE TO GROUND AS YOU WILL POP A FUSE........

Remove the link cable from the power line point on the PCB to the +5v pin on the magic..

Place the switch here in the place of the above link.
    One side of the switch to the power line point and the other side of the switch to the +5v pad on the Magic. - this will then just toggle the power to the Magic on or off and therefore disabling it....

4. zendez33

zendez33 Member

Hi, thanx for the reponse. I figured the switch need to be ground, thanx for clearifying that. OK, my question is, where is the power line point. Also, when I wire in the switch it will go power line - switch - 5v correct??The diagram can be found here.Thanx
    http://www.titanchip.it/magic-chip/v7diagram.htm

5. zendez33

zendez33 Member

copy and paste link, it dosnt seem to be working

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yes, disconnect the wire that goes to the 5V pad, attach THAT end of the wire to one side of the switch and then attach the other side of the switch with a wire to the original 5V pad.....

Basically you are using the switch to make OR break the 5V supply line to the chip.....enabling or disabling it.....