1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 and v4 freezing problem driving me insane

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Demandred, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Demandred

Demandred Member

Ok I searched thru the messages and tried the heat sink compound on my chip/bios etc, but my ps2 is still freezing with the music/drive still going, I have replaced my lense and use a v7 lense in a v4, i thought that could of been the problem so I borrowed my friends v4 lense and still got the same problem, anyone have any idea what I can do I am clueless and am thinking of just getting a new v7 and a messiah 2, but i want to try everything i possibly can on my magic 3.1 and v4

Thank you in advance if you leave "any" ideas

2. Demandred

Demandred Member

Also it isnt doing this at all on CD based games but mainly DVD games and it has a bad tendancy to cut off during a DVD movie on games but I can watch a DVD movie movie without problems, and games that have alot of controlled movement such as a Intro in Smackdown where the character walks down the ring, it would be the media cept its doing it on good media, and even originals such as GTA VC, im really debating on taking it apart and adding a switch to a 3.1 just to see if that even helps

Last edited: Feb 28, 2003
  3. Demandred

Demandred Member

http://members.verizon.net/~vze4dt3c/magic3/

Found this link for installing the switch seems pretty easy except I don't get how to cut that little part they said to cut with out damaging the chip... do I just dig a knife into it and break the plastic and just seperate the connection? thats what I'm thinking atm, Can anyone clear this up for me

Sorry if it seems like I'm rambling on I figure some good guy will come along and help me out :)

4. c7015

c7015 Regular member

why would you need a switch??? if it is a 3.1 it has a sleep feature.

you might want to try to get a brand new laser assembally not just swap stuff around

5. Demandred

Demandred Member

Update, The switch worked and my lazer is fine, although I get the occasional skip, this is prob due to my media

No more freezing :)

6. Demandred

Demandred Member

Anyone have any idea what causes the occasional skip on DVDs, I'm using originals and this chip is a clone 3.1 with a switch on it so i can switch it off

I've cleaned the disc cleaner then new and even get some skip on new games but its mainly during DVD/Movie playback during the game

It was working fine till i tossed NBA Live 2003 and it put a real working on my lense so i had to removed it and now other things are skipping

7. Demandred

Demandred Member

Thanks to no one on the board, I have adjusted the positioning of the lazer bringing it further back from the media and it works perfect now

So if you running into skipping or freezing follow my steps and it shall lead you to success