1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 chip stopped working

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dagda725, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Dagda725

Dagda725 Member

I sent my V4 ps2 away in April along with an authentic Magic 3.1 modchip to be installed. It worked great until I noticed about 2 or 3 months ago, it took 2 or 3 tries to boot a backup copy of any game (on failures it would say unable to read disc, or insert ps1 or ps2 disc). Then about a month ago, it started to take up to 20 tries to get a game to start, (failures same as before). Now, backup copies wont boot at ALL. The only message it comes up with now is the red "insert a ps1 or ps2 disc."
    When i put in a backup copy, it makes a kind of, squealy, high pitched bubbly sound when it starts to read the disc.
    I dont know if this is important but, i also noticed that my red analog light on the controller turns off when the Ps2 sony screen appears after turning on the ps2.

Is there any way i can rememdy this?
    I'm open to any last resort suggestions as well...i'm so frustrated that i'm about to just unload $270 for a brand new premodded ps2.

Thanks for your time.

2. shaix

shaix Member

return it to them and let them reinstall. Or a discount for reinstallation.

3. Dagda725

Dagda725 Member

besides that, is there possibly anything else i can do?