1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 clip set installation...V7!! NEED HELP

Discussion in 'PS2' started by scanzzz, Jan 27, 2003.

1. scanzzz

scanzzz Member

i am wondering if somebody can please give me some detailed instructions on how to install this magic 3.1 chip with a clip into a v7 ps2. i have some instructions already, but they only have pictures, and arent' very clear.

2. TBX

TBX Member

Not to rip you, but the install steps are pretty obvious. What part or step are you stuck on?

3. scanzzz

scanzzz Member

i can't seem to figure out how to get the clip to attach to the board. i dont want to push down to hard for fear of breaking something. there is this piece of "clip stick" but i'm not sure exactly what to do with it. and no the picture instructions aren't exactly precise on how you should install the chip, like where it should be located, and should it be taped up..etc...
    anyhow, any help would be greatly appreciated

4. jimyfixit

jimyfixit Guest

i had the same problem but mine never made click sound
    just look to see if the black is almost on the pcb about 1/32 all the way around ,then use test light to check it and then put white sticky on. just watch the L board mine had a bad feed-thru hole and made it not booy up so i would suggest using a meter and checking all points before you assy it.

5. Gx-9900

Gx-9900 Member

don't worry. just support the board from the bottom and press hard.. it won't break. I worried too but in the last week of messing with my ps2 I learned these things are durable.

6. SomeGuy01

SomeGuy01 Guest

My clip never made a "click" sound either and I was not about to try harder to hear it. I just put the foam on top of the clip and then when I put the metal shield back on top of the mainboard, the metal shield and metal shield screws give the foam and clip enough holding power to make it work.