1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 Compatibility Issues

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Insaniac, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Insaniac

Insaniac Member

I have a question about the Magic 3.1 compatibility with certain media types. I have an HP DVD 200i which will only burn DVD+R and all of the backups i have made (GTA3 and Stuntman) wont boot up. I have installed the chip myself and have seen to it that every solder point is nothing less than prefect. I got my chip from www.modchip-sbox.com and from what ive found it looks to be an authentic chip. Well enough of my rambling, my question is does the magic 3.1 support DVD+R?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i dont think the question is wether magic 3.1 supports dvd+r but wether your ps2 supports dvd+r do you know what version your ps2 is as early ps2's dont support +r as i beleve v1-3 dont support +r some v4's do but not all them from v5 on all support +r.another thing you could check if you know somebody else with a modded ps2 is that your backups actualy work and you havent just got 2 bad backups

3. Insaniac

Insaniac Member

I have a version 7 (39001) NTSC PS2. I live out in the boondocks and im the only person within like 45 minutes driving distance that has a modchip. I have gathered that the magic 3.1 does support the DVD+R format as long as the PS2 supports it? is there anyway i could test to see if it is the burn or the media?

4. Insaniac

Insaniac Member

And just for everyones info, im bacing my games up on Sony DVD+R's. I have been using alcohol 120% with the techniques shown on thsi message board.

5. joeshmoe5

joeshmoe5 Member

Yes, a magic 3.1 and a v.7 will boot DVD+R. I have the same version ps2 and modchip as you do. I backup my rockstar games with DVD Dercrypter. I have over 50 DVD+R backups. All work just fine.

6. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

I have a version 7 with a 3.1 and use Verbatim dvd+r media and havent had a problem yet.

7. Insaniac

Insaniac Member

Finally, something works, i got GTA3 Backed up with success and it plays perfect, havent tried stuntman yet. I used Verbatim DVD+R and DVD Decrypter. Another question on my mind, nothing PS2 based (copy, original, blue bottom) will load at the tan browser screen while im in PS2 mode? Also, sometimes it takes a couple of resets to get my backups to work to work at all? Are either of these related in anyway and how can they be fixed (if at all)__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Intel Pentium 4 1.6A
    327 megs of SDRAM
    HP DVD 200i burner
    V7 (39001) PS2
    Magic 3.1[/small]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003