1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 getting kicked off net

Discussion in 'PS2' started by wcpir8, Feb 27, 2003.

1. wcpir8

wcpir8 Guest

Been playing sorcom and was working great for a while then i got the boot i think. I power down the ps2 and worked ok for about another 2 hours. Does this happen to everbody or is it the chip is being detected._X_X_X_X_X_[small]wcpir8[/small]

2. argy78

argy78 Guest

I haven't decide which mod chip I am Going to buy but I have heard to much problems of the Magic 3.1.So I am going with the messiah 2 pro in modchipman.com

3. ineed2pee

ineed2pee Guest

To wcpir8:
    I've heard about getting kicked off the net, you have to put the chip into "sleep" mode. The chip is detected and you get booted off. I think the only thing you can do is to play the original game with the chip off, or just play offline.

4. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

I played online w/ the messiah 2 pro and the DMS3 and that has never happened to me. I think it did happen once w/ the messiah 2 but the DMS3 is supposed to be undetectable. I'll let you know after more testing.

5. Neosum

Neosum Member

I've played socom and madden 03 online without any problems using a magic 3.1 and clip kit.

6. argy78

argy78 Guest

Hey L-dubb were Did you bought the DMS3.

7. c7015

c7015 Regular member

8. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Go to mods4less.com. They sell the real thing at a very good price. $67!! much better than $80. I order in bulk from DMS team so I get them for much less. but this is great for the normal buyer.

9. ineed2pee

ineed2pee Guest

The dms3 isn't 100% stealth either.
    Go to:
    http://www.dms3.com/specs.htm
    and scroll down to the part that says "sleep mode". You'll notice the 3 asterisks here:

Sleep Mode:
    Allows you to play online games*** that detect modchips.

Now go down farther to find out what the 3 asterisks refers to:

*** Because Sleep/Stealth Mode disables the chip to hide it, it will only work with original (non-backup) games from the country the console is designated for.

That means that you have to have the original!

10. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Well it works for me!! And about a million other people. But ok.

11. argy78

argy78 Guest

Thanks everybody

12. c7015

c7015 Regular member

Ineedtopee I think that you are reading into things to much
    when it goes to sleep there is no way for the network to detect it

however the reason that it might be getting kicked off is because there might be 2 games with the same serial and code

13. ineed2pee

ineed2pee Guest

14. wcpir8

wcpir8 Guest

i have thought about adding switch between the ground wire, so when then the game is done booted up the backup, i could turn the chip off with the switch. That will let the chip be undetectable, shouldn't it?

15. wcpir8

wcpir8 Guest

people with the messiah or whatever other chips that say they have no problem with, should try playing Socom online for at least 2 hours to see if it's really undetectable? I have played up 2 hours before i finally got the boot.
    Next thing when i am done getting kicked off i then find the chip does not work properly. I have to repeated reset, and many time just unplug for a while then, it works again.

16. Neosum

Neosum Member

Most of the time, the problem lies in the installation. I would double check all of your points to make sure they're all ok.

17. wcpir8

wcpir8 Guest

I'll check but i only have this problem after i am kicked offline. When i go online with the backup, i am allowed to play for a while then i get the boot. Then it will sometimes go into that reddish, pink screen ask for ps1 or ps2 disc. I may reset 100 times, the chip does not work. I plug out the system for a while (half an hour) then it works again.