1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 Media

Discussion in 'PS2' started by xGOHANx, Feb 13, 2004.

1. xGOHANx

xGOHANx Member

i just got back my ps2 modded with a magic 3.1
    i have a pioneer 1x burner and i was wondering what would be the best media to use? and what is the best program to burn from?
    i tried burnning socom 2 on a no name blank dvd and to no success. please help!

2. tadhg

tadhg Member

I'm a newbie myself to the whole backing up games scene.I only modded my PS2 last weekend but it still aint working for me.
    I've been told not to go cheap on DVD±R's, that they are just not reliable.Your "no name" DVD probably won't work.I'm afraid I can't tell you what to use however.

3. vans12

vans12 Regular member

just get some dvds at the store and use nero 6,but make sure you do it on 1x and you dont do it on the fly.

4. xGOHANx

xGOHANx Member

i used dvd decrpyter and it didnt work. maybe i will try another program and get some better dvds

5. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]i have a magic 3.1 and i used TDK, Memorex, Verbatim, and Philips media and burn with dvd decrypter with great success.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Blood is red. Red is the color of a rose. A rose is a flower of love. Love can lead to hate. Hate can lead to violent. And violent can lead to blood.[/small]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2004
  6. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Use Ritek media. I used Ritek dvd+r media for my ps2 backups. I have a v7 ps2 with a magic 3.1 too. I use Alcohol 120% to burn them. I just got a real good deal on Ritek dvd-r on meritline.com They had a 3 day sale on Ritek dvd-r and I got a 50 pack for only $40.
    Ritek is the best and most reliable unbranded media out there. I suggest buying them so you don't have to buy a 50 pack of TDK's for $100 from Best Buy or something. All my backups boot up great.

7. WEStar

WEStar Active member

guys, it doesn't matter what mod you have... the mod doesn't make your ps2 read certain brands and not others. Just get a decent brand and make sure you don't burn too fast (although some might argue that they burn at 4X and everything is fine).

8. xGOHANx

xGOHANx Member

well i like everyone to know that i have successfully burned five games in a overnight period using TDK discs and using record now max.

9. shaix

shaix Member

I have magic 3.1 for sale if anyone is interested.
    $15 each Free Shipping. I have 2 left.