1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 Problem: Installed, but now now video/audio output....

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kisk, Apr 21, 2003.

1. kisk

kisk Member

Ok. I first installed the magic 3.1 with the clip, but for some reason it didn't want to boot any of my games. I also noticed that the array of balls that usually run in a circle where it asks you to either enter setup or browser -- It was just a solid ball.

I asked around online and everyone said the clips were shit, so I took off the clip and the "L" piece and soldered everything straight.

Now that I'm finished I can't even get anything to display on my tv when I turn it on.

Does anybody know exactly which wires would be causing this and what they think i should do? I have a voltage meter and none of the connections seem to be bridged, but I'm not an expert so I could be wrong.

Any help would be appreciated =)

-- kisk

2. colt45joe

colt45joe Guest

this happend to me too, i was reallly freaked, but i just took my ps2 apart, i didnt do anythign with the moschip wires, i just made sure the wires that go onto the motherboard were okay, some were crooked and not even connected -_- but i fixed it, and then i had video. so maybe the installtion isnt bad, just when you were putting it back together you messed up somewhere.

3. spoonx0r

spoonx0r Member

Same thing happened to me when I installed my 3.1 the first time. I didnt get anything. I just took it apart again and re-soldered my C and B wires and then it worked fine. Dont know if thats your problem but it couldnt hurt to re-check all your connections.

4. simis69

simis69 Member

i got the same problem checked and recheck and hooked it up in another ,ps2 v7 3.1 with clip. and still get no video or sound, light up and sound like its reading the disks ,tried all differnt,i'm stumped??? and don't know what o do now!!

5. NemXWasp

NemXWasp Member

Yeah my first install I have a black screen EXCEPT if i boot it in ps1/ dvd movie mode then it boots fine plays original ps2/ps1 games but thats the only mode it boots in Weird stuff. ahh the simpler days of ps1.