1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magic 3.1 problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by "RisK", Feb 26, 2003.

1. "RisK"

"RisK" Member

I recenlty installed a magic 3.1 but it seems that nothing will work now. I somtimes looks as if the game is playing but then it is not. I also usually get the red screen or it tells me in the browser that their is no data. Ive tried. orginal dvds, originals ps2 games, ps2 backups, and ps1 backups none seem to work right. I'm not sure what the problem is

Last edited: Feb 26, 2003
  2. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

What ver. ps2 do you have? Your installation is definately wrong. re check all your points, especially the bios points and the DVD controller points.

3. "RisK"

"RisK" Member

i have ver 7. I think i might have damaged somthing while sodering it. Also i don't know if i was supposed to or not but i didnt use any ground wires.

4. satan!

satan! Member

WHAT! you didnt put ground wire/s in at all?
    That is why it dont work, i only know for sure about Messiah 2 but 99.9% certain you MUST have ground wires, otherwise the chip will not get anypower [well it will but it cant get out..]

Definetly fix that...
    satan!

5. "RisK"

"RisK" Member

alright i will fix that amediatly but i still need to know why ps2 originals or dvds dont work?

6. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

because the systems entire boot sequence goes through the chip. If it is not working properly then your system will work properley.

7. "RisK"

"RisK" Member

alright. When i say i didnt use a ground wire i ment there is a connection i just used a thin wire instead of the thicker ones.

8. satan!

satan! Member

Hmm, try replacing the thin ground wire for a thicker one [around 22swg]. Even so i would have thought it would at least boot your PS2 games, it may cut out after a while but i would thought it would show some signs of life...

If that dont work try checking all you solder points, from pin in question to pin on either side, and from pin in question to the pad on teh chip.

Hope i helped...
    Keep us updated!
    satan!

9. jr_

jr_ Guest

Well like satan! said check and re-check every connection. If possible have someone else check it also. A fresh set of eyes often helps.

If not remove it all and see if you have damaged something. If it still does not work then and your sure you have checked for solder bridges then ...........(you know the rest of the story)

10. ps2xp

ps2xp Guest

how can you take out the chip once it has been soldered

11. satan!

satan! Member

Eh? You just unsolder it...

Either by heating up connection untill wire comes free, or by violently yanking the wires out NOTE: only reconmended if you really hate your PS2.

satan!