1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magic 3.1 problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by golden_35, Jan 2, 2004.

1. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

I was told that to put a modchip into sleep mode, you must hold down the power (reset) button for 20 seconds (i even waited till i was in the game!!!). I have a feeling that the game is not going into sleep mode, but just going into ps1 mode. I do get the rsod when i put into a backup'd ps2 game, but how do i know that it is just not in ps1 mode?

2. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

3. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

I don't think you read my thread...I said "I tried holding the power button until the ps2 logo came up" but I don't think it worked:
    I was told that to put a modchip into sleep mode, you must hold down the power (reset) button for 20 seconds (i even waited till i was in the game!!!). I have a feeling that the game is not going into sleep mode, but just going into ps1 mode. I do get the rsod when i put into a backup'd ps2 game, but how do i know that it is just not in ps1 mode?

4. Insaniac

Insaniac Member

You dont hold the RESET button, you hold the EJECT button untill the "Sony Computer Entertainment" message appears.

5. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

Disabling the mod chip
    - To disable the mod chip on boot up, hold the reset button until the Sony animations appear on the screen then release. You can now run the system as you would originally.

I don't think this works!!!

6. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Oh ok I understand what you are saying. But it should work. Try going into stand by and turn off the system completely by the switch in the back. Then turn the switch in the back again and hold the standby button till the ps2 logo comes on. Then insert the orginal disc that you want and it should read and show right up in the browser. Works for me.

7. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

No it doesn't work, you guys didnt read the thread...i tried it and it didnt work...howcan i test it?

8. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

anyone???

9. finty101

finty101 Regular member

put in the original disc and turn the ps2 off. with ps2 in standby hold the reset button till the blue eject light flickers on. if it doesnt work check your install.