1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1+ problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Fizz11, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Fizz11

Fizz11 Member

Hi all, i recently installed the magic 3.1+ into my v5/6 ps2. all seemed well, i turned on my ps2 and it booted into the bios and my controler was working fine. i could also browse the memory cards. however, when i open the cd tray to put a cd in, it wont close. i tried hitting the eject button, tried resetting it, and tried pushing it in. it just stays open. when i was reasembling the ps2 i accidentaly jammed the ribbon cable that leads to the opwer and eject button. i tested conductivity on it and it seemed ok, but i was wondering if anyone would know if that would be were the problem lies, or did i do a bad installation?
    thnx in advance for the help.

2. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

the best thing you can do is check your soldering and also check carefully check the ribbon cacle

3. Fizz11

Fizz11 Member

do any of the wires coming from the magic 3.1 actualy affect the eject button? if not then it probably is the ribbon cable. all my sodering looks prety neat, so i dont think im short circuiting anything.

4. Fizz11

Fizz11 Member

well i think ive gone and broke my playstation=] i detached the ribbon cable from the switches while the unit was on, and tried manualy shorting them hoping it would close. i think i did something bad, because the unit suddenly went off and now it wont turn back on. =/
    anyone have any good advice or am i going to have to get a new ps2?