1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 Q

Discussion in 'PS2' started by what9612, Oct 13, 2003.

1. what9612

what9612 Member

i heard people say magic V boots from broswer screen..... then what does magic 3.1 do? i ordered one and i jus want to kno what to look forward too

2. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

The 3.1 controls the boot process, which is initiated by pressing the reset button.

Once the chip is initialized, it forces the required copyright code into the PS2, controlling the boot, and allowing you to play backups.

The V works like the DMS3 and M2 in that it controls the entire loading process AND booting process of the system, allowing you to boot a game once the browser screen has been entered.

It also remains active the entire time that the console is powered on (making the power source needed to be 3.5 Volts instead of the 3.1's 5 Volt source.)

This allows the reinitialization of the code sequence during gameplay - allowing you to play through double-checks in the games software.

Consider a V instead of the 3.1 - it's almost obsolete.

Cheers!

3. what9612

what9612 Member

thanks but i have a v4 ps2

4. WEStar

WEStar Active member

the magic3.1 will work well with the V4 you won't have problems. Although, it is more difficult to install on a V4 compared to the newer versions.