1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 questions

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by nicka123, Aug 13, 2004.

1. nicka123

nicka123 Member

ok i bought a magic 3.1 chip and i wanna play online, the guy i bought it off told me how to disable the chip and play online...he told me to hold the reset button for 3 seconds..i did but still i couldnt get passed the dnas screen (btw im using a real disk not backup)...so i was wondering if any1 can help me get online...also since i couldnt get past dnas screen does this mean im banned from this game? im really confused and i need help FAST

thanks alot

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Hold Reset for 5 seconds to put the chip into sleep mode. Three seconds is not long enough. If you didn't actually get online with the game before the error occurred you shouldn't be banned.

3. nicka123

nicka123 Member

thanks but i tried that and i havent been online with this ps2 so i shouldnt be banned thats good news thanks..can u explain more about sleep mode? so do i hold it while its already on standby or do i hold it while its green? also, will this always work with real games?........sorry for all the questions..its just that i dont know too much about modchips and i really need help

thanks again

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

From standby mode, power on the PS2 by holding the Reset button for 5 seconds (until the background with the blue squares appears) to put the Magic 3.1 chip into sleep mode. In this mode, your PS2 should behave identical to an unmodded console enabling you to run DNAS enabled software.

5. nicka123

nicka123 Member

hey, i tried that too...(with the disc in and i let it run)...but this time when i got to dnas my ps2 didnt freeze, it got an 880 error or sumthin...help!..should i not have the game in while holding the button?

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

That shouldn't matter. Unfortunatelly I seem to recall people posting here with regards to DNAS games detecting older Magic chips including the 3's even when in sleep mode. If that's the case there is no solution to your problem.