1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 = Red Screen only on SOME backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by noc57, Apr 15, 2003.

1. noc57

noc57 Member

Stange problem, I have a couple of backups burnt onto cdr, GTA3 for example, that work perfectly fine. Normal PS2 games and DVD's play without problems. I've been on a real bad streak with some backups lately though, and I get nothing but redscreens when I attempt to boot. I figure the problem can't be loose wires, otherwise no backups would boot. I've tried using Nero and CDRWin under windows to burn the images, as well as GnomeToaster and CDBakeoven under linux but the end result always seems to be the same, 5 coasters so far, with two different backup images. I'm using noname CDR's, but I don't think that could be the problem either, 'cause a few of my other backups are on noname brand too. I've read through 10 pages of the forum, would this be related in some way to the laser azimuth adjustments? I don't really want to attempt this level of 'tweaking' on my PS2 unless someone KNOWS that it would fix my problem... Thanks for your help in advance.

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

try a different type of media even of you have other games that work on the same media some games have a higher toc level and require better media

try making an image and burning at 1-2 x speed using verbatim media

also I would sudguest that you use nero I have found that it is the best