1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 Solder Point A (pretty urgent)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by benagain, Jul 8, 2003.

1. benagain

benagain Regular member

Hello everyone,
    Last night I attempted to install a Magic 3.1 for a friend on a V5/6 PS2. All went well except when I got to point A. Last time I did this, point A didn't give me this much trouble. This time however, point A wouldn't take the solder. I eventually got it to stay, but once I got the PS2 together again it acted very odd. The CD tray came out very slowly and acted weak, and went back in almost imediatly. The chip will not boot any games yet. I got tired of messing with it last night and I'm going to make another attempt tonight. What I'm wondering is, what kind of chipcap is on point A? I think mine may be damaged. The wre is securly soldered to the cap, but I'm not sure the chipcap itself survived the solder attempts. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the CD tray, or the chip not working, but it's the only theory I have so far. What does point A control? I'm sorry if this doens't make sense, but it doens't make sense to me either. If anyone can think of ANYTHING, please let me know.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2003
  2. benagain

benagain Regular member