1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 trouble, please help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by XDevil, Oct 12, 2003.

1. XDevil

XDevil Member

I just installed a magic 3.1 on my V7 ps2, it plays psx games, backup psx games, import original psx games, ps2 cd-r back ups, originals, i dont know bout import original, and i also dont know about DVD back ups, the only thing that I know it wont play are all of my DVD rips, I know they work, i used to play them along time ago with my other ps2, can anyone tell me why the magic 3.1 wont play DVD rips? (dvd rip meaning I ripped stuff out of the game to make it fit on a cd-r_

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

You may have missed some vital files when you ripped your DVD.

3. XDevil

XDevil Member

how could I have missed vital files? I know that all of my DVD rips wor because I have another ps2 that is modded, all of the games work.

4. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Maybe you didn't install your magic 3.1 chip right. _X_X_X_X_X_[small]When you are on your deathbed, you will wonder, "Did I waste my life? Was it worth spending all that time on that?" Do not despair, no one has wasted their life. After all, you can only waste something if you throw it away. And you can't throw life away. [/small]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2003
  5. Edmundo22

Edmundo22 Guest

Yes dvd-rips work no problem with my 3.1, had installed by an experienced modder. Sound like u need to re-install ur chip , very slowly and carefully. Do a search on this forum for instaling magic chips, there are some important tips.

6. XDevil

XDevil Member

I went over the installation, and all the points look good, the ground copper pad ripped off, so i scraped away some of the track and soldered it to that, same with the +5V, the resest solder job on the modchip is kind of cold, but i dont know how to get all of the solder off and start clean, any tips on how to completely remove solder? thanks guys

7. XDevil

XDevil Member

O yeah, also... The spinning balls in at the browser screen stopped spinning for me, this happened with my older V4 PS2, it still plays my games fine, but is there a way i can fix this?

8. XDevil

XDevil Member

O yeah, also... The spinning balls in at the browser screen stopped spinning for me, this happened with my older V4 PS2, it still plays my games fine, but is there a way i can fix this?

9. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Try a desoldering braid, it isn't 100% but as good as you'll get w/o a desolder gun/vacuum.

Cheers!

10. baabaa

baabaa Active member

You disconnected your battery during the installation, this loses all of your initial data such as clock and date etc.....

Goto into system and alter the time and date etc........this will solve that.....

BTW, it does no harm to remove the battery, as it just backs up the internal info......

11. XDevil

XDevil Member

Ok i re-soldered my rst connection, its a weak connection for some reason, on my continuity tester the light barely lights up, all of the rest of the connections are solid, it still plays everything EXCEPT dvd rips

12. Edmundo22

Edmundo22 Guest

its a weak connection and barely lites up cos it AINT soldered properly. Re-do it, make sure u clean it very well.

13. XDevil

XDevil Member

ok... I was just examining the V7 mainboad pics and the V8 pics, I have a V8, all the connections are good, do you guys think that DVD rips arent working for me because I have a V8?

14. manniep3

manniep3 Guest

Someone please tell me where to take or send my PS2 to install my magic 3.1 mod chip im vary feed up with trying to install it myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2003
  15. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Post this in a new topic. We haven't solved XDevil's problem yet.