1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magic 3.1 v4 gap

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jhnbnblzd, Mar 22, 2003.

1. jhnbnblzd

jhnbnblzd Guest

hey, i'm about to install a magic 3.1 in a v4 gap and i have a few quesitons.....ive heard the ground has to be a some what short wire, right? well than were is the best place to put the chip on a v4 gap......if anyone has any pics or anything i'll appreciate it!!

2. Temporary

Temporary Member

Majority of the time it's fine to just put it in the empty space on the board where all the information is written.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2003
  3. jhnbnblzd

jhnbnblzd Guest

the only nice space i see i kinda far from the grnd and 5v...has anyone ever had a kinda long ground or 5v wire? Or again, any pics?

Don't i have to worry about the chip shorting itself out?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2003
  4. Temporary

Temporary Member

You'll be fine. I think we they say short they mean under 4 inches, forgot the specific length. You're basically told to keep them as short as possible because from time to time people have problems with noise on the line so to avoid this they just tell people to keep them short to begin with.

5. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

JHNBNBLZD,
    I have the same system. Installed myself Magic3.1 and all the wires that came with the mod where about 5" long. I just soldered them as they were and used Electrical tape to tape wires together and taped the mod to the top of one of the large black bios chips.

6. jhnbnblzd

jhnbnblzd Guest

thanks i got it working!!!

7. Temporary

Temporary Member

My bad, I actually didn't tell you the place I place my chip like I meant. I put it on the blank spot near the square chip where there is an opening of the board , if you can't find it PM or IM me. If you want to know for future reference of course.