1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 V4 GT 3 Edition Problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Tah-lulah, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Tah-lulah

Tah-lulah Member

I've read and read and searched but can't find anyone with this problem.I put in a Magic 3.1 from modchip.ca into my V4 GT3 edition PS2. First time booted up "black screen" took apart M or N broke, fixed put back together boots fine and plays originals. I burn with Nero for DVD's and have tried Alcohol and Record Now for PS2 backup. None of my PS2's work get the red screen "Insert PS or PS2 Disk" Fine I'm screwing up the burn. Here's where I bang my head against the wall to stop the pain. Put in a DVD backup and it plays the video but "no audio". Cleaned, adjusted laser and same thing. Everything works perfect no grinding or unusual noises actually seems to read faster since cleaning. So is my chip not working or is it the laser itself. I need help before I set this thing on fire and dance around the ashes. System Info Compaq 1.3 GZ/ME
    Compaq DVD ROM
    HP 200J
    Maxell & Generic DVD+R's I've tried both same result

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I also use the HP200i for burning DVD's.
    I use Platinum and HP DVD+r and burn them with Nero 5.5.9.17.
    What version Nero do you have ?
    Did you press reset 1x when the tray is closed with the copy in it ? Try this...

Mayby this version 4 does not read DVD+r only -r.
    I guess that's not true becausse you say it only plays without sounds... ?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2003
  3. Tah-lulah

Tah-lulah Member

I've got 5.5.9.14, Also DVD's play in my APEX. I don't know if that's useful, cause APEX plays anything.

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

From what I read in some other threads (try search messages) I know that PS2 version 5 and higher reads DVD+r.
    So you have a PS2 v4 and this means it only reads DVD-r.
    I will try and find out more info on this one...

5. freakyg

freakyg Member

Wizkid, do you think this could have to do with the 3.1 and the alternate "w" location?

6. Tah-lulah

Tah-lulah Member

Ok, I think it may be my install, after checking with modchip.ca for the 10th time I found in thier guide that the BIOS wires should not be longer than 25cm. Mine are probably twice that long and apparently the clock speed on the chip needs shorter wires or something of that sort. Anyway made the wires longer to make it easier to install. Cracking the case once again tomorrow if it works I'll be happy if not gonna start a fire and let'er burn. Anyone else having this problem with DVD. Is this unique or what?

7. ps2wizard

ps2wizard Guest

Hi, i was wondering if anyone has the Messiah 2 Pro chip. If so how do you like it? I was also looking a the magic 3. What would you all recogment? Do they do the same quality. I have a v4. Thanks.

8. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

9. Tah-lulah

Tah-lulah Member

Well, Installed again, beautiful cut your BIOS wires to 25 CM that's about 1 inch. Everything works all previous burned PS2 games on DVD+R even the cheap disks play. I still have the DVD issue though even after using the alternate W1, plays DVD video but no audio. Anyone have any ideas. I was thinking about the driver update from the Sony DVD Remote. Anyone had this problem. Also anyone that needs help on the install, just ask More Than Happy To HELP. I should of taken a picture really turned out nice.

10. Tah-lulah

Tah-lulah Member

Anyone have a sure solution for this?

11. Tah-lulah

Tah-lulah Member

Has Anyone Found A Reason For This!!!!!!!!!!!