1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magic 3.1 vs 3.6

Discussion in 'PS2' started by angel123, Mar 25, 2003.

1. angel123

angel123 Member

has anyone known any difference between the 3.1 & 3.6. one of my customes siad he has problems with his 3.6 and wants a 3.1 w/ clip ki installed. he has problems booting GTA3VC and GTA3 dvd-r. Anyone experiancing prolems witha any 3.1 chips booting GTA3 and GTA3VC? aanyone with advice about these two chip and thei differences please fell free to leave a comment

2. newbee101

newbee101 Regular member

3.6 = 3.1 with chip clip. DON"T GET/BUY 3.6

IT sucks use search button to find out. I read many people use 3.1 and boot all games fine.

the chip clip is "suppose to make soldering easyer" which it does, but it just plainly SUCKS. read the forums and most will agree that 3.1 is far better but more wires to solder.

3. Temp2

Temp2 Guest

No problems booting the GTA games with a 3.1. It's quite possible he has a 3.5 instead of a 3.6, that's why he has problems with the GTA games... Simply put, the 3.6 is a clone of the 3.1 and it's clip kit, but clip kits aren't always what they are set out to be. Personally, they are very easy to work with, although sometimes you have to help them stay down, but for reliability purposes I prefer soldering. If this is indeed YOUR customer, let them know the benefits of just getting the 3.1 WITHOUT a clip kit getting installed. Let them know the clip kit is for inexeprienced solderers, that's why they are coming to you, you don't need it. Soldering directly allows better and more suer connections, and it also helps with troubleshooting. There are many other reasons I'm sure you can think of yourself. GOOD LUCK!

4. angel123

angel123 Member

i always use the clip kit b/c it makes my job easier and it has never came off yet. it is more stable than soldering b/c i have seen the wires rip off from the bios before. i just dont understand why the 3.6 is not booting gta3 ands gta3vc. i know i used a red 3.6 chip and everything was connected correctly. DOES THE 3.6 REALLY USE 3.0 CODES OR IS THAT JUST A STUPID RUMOR. please reply only if you know for sure

5. JAYO

JAYO Member

most likely its the clips, alot of ppl have problems with clips because its not as secure as soldering.

Soldering it is always the best thing to do....I dont like the clip set because it dosnt make the job any easier because the really hard soldering part is on the MB and bios chips.

The clips dosnt help with those connections, so I dont see why you would waste the money to buy the clips sets. Clips probably saves you 15 minutes so you dont have to solder wires to the modchip itself.....not really a biggie.

Dont waste money to buy the 3.6!!!!

If you have a Red chip, then it is the newly updated magic 3.1...the newest one out there.

3.1 corrects problems with freezing problems on streaming games.

3.0 has the old codes, the color is blue.