1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 vs. DMS3 2.0 and Messiah2Pro

Discussion in 'PS2' started by brad1102, Aug 15, 2003.

1. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

As a newbie into PS2 modding and a happy owner of a Magic 3.1 I ask all of you for direct feedback regarding an accurate comparison of these modchips.

Nobody here has ever tried to really cut to the chase on this subject and come up with some a real comparison successfully before - and it has become my goal with this thread.

There is NO real internet resource on this subject except for the owners opinions of their chips and their knowledge on this subject.

Everyday PS2 gaming developers are working on new security patches out there to make ALL of our chips obsolete, and I believe that collectively we should get to the bottom this issue, to avoid installing any soon to be obsolete units now and in the future.

If you own a modchip - please respond to this thread with feedback about the subject.

If you have extensive knowledge on this comparison - please respond to this thread.

This thread is meant to cut through all the BS out there floating around and cut to the chase once and for all and get to the bottom of which modchip is our best bet lonterm.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Ciao!

2. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

there lots of these same forums. I think you can find them if you search. there all good chips. _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2 version 4
    magic 3.1
    sony vaio 2.0 ghz
    532 ddr ram
    70 gigs
    pioneer dvr 104
    ritek and store media[/small]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2003
  3. telescope

telescope Regular member

It goes like this
    DMS3>messiah 2 pro >M3.1

4. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

telescope <--- Why do you say that - what is your basis to this assumption?

like I asked above - what are the benifits of one over the other - or are you just giving an opinion based on what you personally own?

5. psx245

psx245 Regular member

his assumption is the features and the quality of the chip. i have a dms3 1.0 and it work just like a 2.0. dms3 is just great!!! works with every backup i have and it even lets you upgrade!!! so it is dms3>m2pro>m3.1 by the way magic V is going to come out in a few days and only costs $5 more than 3.1. so i say 3.1 is getting a little outdated.

6. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

You cannot say that the DMS3 is the best chip around. It all depends on you, your budget and your usage. You wanna go for something real cheap and you do not bother about some games not working then go for the Magic 3.1. If you want to go for a bit costlier mod and you want every game to work then go for the Messiah 2 PRO. If you are planning to use your Playstation 2 as a complete home entertainment system and you are going to play MP3 and DivX on your Playstation 2 console and there is a lot of cash in your pockets then go for the DMS3. If you buy the DMS3 and do not use any of its features then it is a sheer waste of money. I am currently in Saudi Arabia. Here there is only one thing. "Modchip means Messiah. There is no Modchip other than Messiah." Everywhere you go you get only Messiah and nothing else because the people here do not know any other Mod. These guys are rich but dumb. If you fit a DMS3 and give them, they will only use it only for gaming and will never use the special features. So go for the chip that suits you. Hope this helps

7. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

You message is exactly what I have been after. You say the M3.1 is good if you don't mind some games not working - but I can't find any out there that DON'T work with it.

And the DMS3 supports mp3 and divx recognition, whereas MP2 and M3.1 don't

-okey, now we are getting somewhere.

Thank you!!!!

8. telescope

telescope Regular member

Brad hope this would help u
    DMS3- Its a really cool chip, no doubt about that
    It has many new features which other chips dont hav like playing DIVX movies listening to MP3s etc
    And this modchip can be upgraded via CD
    So If u buy this chip , u will be able to upgrade it using a Cd in future with better features
    If u want to spend more money on buying a chip go with this mod
    Cost - 60$

Messiah 2 pro - Its the best chip around in the market for booting games.It has a new code which lets u play all the games perfectly
    If u r not likely to spend more money on DMS3
    Go with M2pro

Apple 2 pro/ mini apple pro - From wat i hav heard it is a better chip than than earlier one
    It has a new code and its best chip which soothes ur pocket
    Cost 20$

Magic 3.1- I hav this chip with me
    Its a good chip to get
    It boots every backup which i own that is vice city splinter cell def jam vendetta etc.
    Its the most cheapest chip around
    So i hav got this chip and would suggest all of u if u r not likely to spend money on M2pro or DMS3 getr a apple 2 pro/ mini apple pro or a Magic 3.1
    Cost 20$

Conclusion
    DMS3>Mes2pro>Magic 3.1 or Mini apple pro/apple 2 pro

9. blah1

blah1 Guest

i have a question

i have couple of imported games but i think where my friend bought them from a store where the only sell burned games so help me and tell me which mod chip would suit me

10. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

No Brad. The M2Pro and the M3.1 also can play DivX and MP3. But you will have to burn the program on a CD and you might need to swap discs. The DMS3 can store these programs on a memory card and load them directly. Check out the features on www.dms3.com . Also what is your budget? And what are you planning to use the PS2 for?