1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 Vs. Messiah 2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Hallucig, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Hallucig

Hallucig Member

Well both these mod chips seem extremely similar in features and capabilities, so the question is...

Which one should i get installed in my PS2?

2. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Please do a search. this questionhas been asked a thousand times. But to answer your question, The messiah 2 is miles better than the 3.1. The 3.1 was made to compete w/ the messiah 2. I am an instller and have installed litterally hundreds of both chips. And without a doubt the messiah 2 is better.

3. Docta

Docta Member

Hey L-dubb, you've been just the person that i've been looking for, a person that is experienced at soldering mod-chips!!!!

Okay i have a few questions to ask you, first of all i've looked at the guide for installing the messiah 2 pro and there are wires that I have to solder that are called like GND and RST and stuff like that, well my point is what are those wires for, why don't they just name them another letter like all the other letters????

Okay and here is my understanding of soldering the mod chip to the mother board: You have to solder a wire from point "A" lets say on the mother board to point "A" on the mod chip?!?!? Correct me if i'm wrong..... and if you could just give me a quick lesson about soldering wires and stuff, pleaseeeee

Thank you soooooo much

4. jr_

jr_ Guest

Dude use the search or post a new question. Pleeeese